Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Avoid subaru of Milford, NH (rant)

I'm pissed at subaru of milford, cause their sucky salesman blew a years worth of talking about subarus and convincing my employer to buy one. I wanted to convince him to get a forester, his wife is already convinced. He is a real muscle car lover, and I was trying to convince him that cars were still made that could match those beasts preformance. The salesman wouldn't let us "joyride" (his words) in the STI, had no enthusiasm, didn't know the history of subarus "just this year, subaru has come out with turbos in cars other than the WRX" BS. The legacy of the early 90's was available with a turbo. I knew more about the cars the guy was selling the he did. I had spent ages going over all the features and techy stuff on the net beforehand. He rode with us in the forester and the OBW, so we couldn't have any fun either. Mofo wouldn't letus drive the STI. Ohhhhh, I was steaming. So, now me and Joe (my employer) are going down to North End Subaru and were going to pretend Joe's having a midlife crisis and needs a flashy car. Were going to keep the dealer out of the car, and as soon as were out of earshot, I'm gonna prove to joe that its as good a challenger.

I think the point Ranger is trying to make here is that youre 16 and theyre not stupid. Im 18 and my dealer wouldnt let me test drive one either. Cant rent a car either, not that I need to. You just have to wait till you get older....or steal the car....but that wouldnt turn out well I dont think.

They know your plan man. Maybe you should have Joe go alone and tell you about it. My buddy and I (both 27) got to test drive an STi even after he did a power slide into the parking lot with his 01 GT...god I love bald tires in the summer. We made the salesman sit in the back. BTW it's fast. Then we went and drove an EVO and an R32. For my 35g I'd take the R32...even if its a VW.

Frankly who cares if the salesman is in the seat. Stomp on that mofo, slam on the brakes, do extremely radical turns. Take it from someone who has bought 19 cars. If it is a private owner or a dealer who gives a damn if they are there or not. If they give you any guff at all. Just say "Hey, who is paying your paycheck...YOUR CUSTOMERS!" If you aren't allowed to fully test the capabilites of a vehicle you are looking at how do you even know you would like it. Just as long as you don't break the car you are fine. Worst the could happen. Sales man flips out. And you just say. Well hmmm I was about to drop 30k cash on this car. But since you're such a rude rump roast I will take my business to the next subaru dealership in the next city over.

3 words. Salesmen are desperate.

If they knew they could sale you the car they would let you drive it into a lake to test it for leaks. This is why they have what they call the demo car. One car of every model specifically on the lot for demo...(or test drives). They already know people abuse the hell out of em. And you couldn't abuse it on the test drive anymore then the lot techs. So just don't let them push you around.

When you go to the next dealership if you have a salesman being an rump roast. Ask to speak with the general manager. And let them know just how much of an rump roast the sales man was.

2 weeks ago I drove an Audi rs6

only a few around. 0-60 in under 3 seconds.

And I can tell you now, I felt 0-60 in under 3 seconds on the car, and felt it up to 120mph in the city.

Sorry I kinda went on and on in this one.

But just remember you're the one in charge at the dealers. You can do whatever you want.