Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

It's a disease, I tell ya

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 blaster88

blaster88

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Reston, VA

Posted 16 August 2003 - 05:30 AM

Seems like if you have an older Sube, you have more than one older Sube. Had to get another.

Posted Image

Yep, 2 1989 RX's.

Posted Image

The one up front was my RallyCross car and daily driver until the low oil pressure caught up with it (on it's third engine) and it died. Has been mostly motionless since February.

This is the "new" one.

Posted Image

The original has the dual range manual. This one has the fulltime 4wd auto - no dual range, no pushbuttons.

I bought it for the engine - it has 95k miles on the car, belonged to a little old lady until the mechanic bought it off of her when she thought it was dead. He put on a rebuilt turbo and a new alternator, and away it goes. Air blows cold and everything.

So now my dilemma - I intended to pull the motor and part out the rest, but the car seems to be in too good of a shape to do that to - from a rust perspective, it is better than my original car. However, it does have one major body issue - it got hit hard in the back:

Posted Image

Don't know if you can see the gap between the hatch and fender - the hatch is straight. The fender is not. Here's the wrinkle:

Posted Image

Also, you can't really see it in the pictures, but it has a pretty nice aftermarket sunroof that doesn't leak.

I dunno if the rest of the car is salvageable enough to try to let it all go together (with a rebuildable EA82T in it. Turned over in February and would hold an idel but had bad rod knock), or should I part it out.

Just looking for some thoughts here.

(I live in Northern VA so you don't have to look at my profile. That's right, an actual East Coast car!)

#2 gravelRX

gravelRX

Driven with both feet.

• Members
  • 885 posts
  • Roanoke, VA

Posted 16 August 2003 - 08:41 AM

Jay Hogan here. Had the green hatch at the rally.

If you would like to make a deal for parts or anything, I'm close and circling. In a most vulture like way.

Regards,
Jay

#3 blaster88

blaster88

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Reston, VA

Posted 16 August 2003 - 03:04 PM

Jay -

You looking for anything in particular? Scott/Pipercub/subarubrat has dibs on the LSD if I pull it apart, we may be able to vulture it pretty completely between the 3 of us.

#4 gravelRX

gravelRX

Driven with both feet.

• Members
  • 885 posts
  • Roanoke, VA

Posted 16 August 2003 - 08:18 PM

I used the link in the post. You get it?

Jay

#5 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

Subaru Sober since 2010 :(

• Members
  • 1,908 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 16 August 2003 - 08:44 PM

I love that license plate:

"RX NO W"

-Brian

0 user(s) are reading this topic