Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Cruise Control

WJM

Wow the few I've seen ,including mine have it. I just assumed (yea I know) that cruise just made sense as part of the RX package. I have a diagram and list of the parts for it in one my lame manuals someplace here. Will see if I can find it and scan it for you.

cruise is alot like cup holders... you dont see either in race cars, and.... =]

the pedal unit thingy, and the controll box. its all vaccume. i think its the same on carb units as on mpfi... if its not, id want the carb one, cuz its very simple. i think you need that big black plastic balloon thing too.

• 2 years later...
I know I should be the all mighty and know the answer to this...but im lazy this time.

My 87 RX. I want cruise control. What do i need?

Brainbox and pedal unit. What else?

Hi WJM, I am beholding to you for the note about making Cruise Controls on EA81s & 2s work in Soobs where the ATs have been swapped for MTs. You saved my life & my leg with your note on removing the jumper from the big console receptical plug to make the dash think it was no longer in neutral. It sure worked for me!

Now to business: I have a factory or dealer CC from an '88 Loyale coupe. It includes the vacuum hoses, the dash mounted control box (goes in the opening to the rigjht of the steering wheel, where I have a factory mounted power mirror control on my '86 GL wagon), all the wiring and the 'brain box' that mounts above the hood release handle (it uses the same mounting bolts as the hood release). I also have the brake switch (I copped the clutch switch for my wagon). It also includes the little round thingy from the shock tower under the hood - has 3 or 4 wires going to it and a vacuum hose that goes to the gas pedal vac solenoid.

I do not have the black plastic bubble (vac storage unit, I think) that was attached to the passenger side shock tower, and I do not have the vacuum solenoid the pulls the accelerator.....everything else is there..... Make me an offer I can't refuse!! email me at: fordveight@earthlink.net (And be patient....my spamblocker takes a while to get through)

SG