Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Cruise Control

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 09:30 PM

I know I should be the all mighty and know the answer to this...but im lazy this time.

My 87 RX. I want cruise control. What do i need?

Brainbox and pedal unit. What else?

#2 DrKrazy

DrKrazy

Which one to drive today?

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • Golden

Posted 07 December 2004 - 09:37 PM

It doesn't have it?? I didn't know that the RX coupes came without it..learn something new everday..

#3 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 09:41 PM

It doesn't have it?? I didn't know that the RX coupes came without it..learn something new everday..

Ive onyl seen ONE RX with cruise control...and that was one here for sale.

Out of the 3 RX's ive had, NONE had it.

#4 Jibs

Jibs

Wonder Triplets Activate

• Members
  • 1,720 posts
  • Reno

Posted 07 December 2004 - 09:55 PM

could you put a cruise control setup in anything else? Manual or auto? Would it work in my Brat? That'd be fun to have!!

#5 DrKrazy

DrKrazy

Which one to drive today?

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • Golden

Posted 07 December 2004 - 09:59 PM

Wow the few I've seen ,including mine have it. I just assumed (yea I know) that cruise just made sense as part of the RX package. I have a diagram and list of the parts for it in one my lame manuals someplace here. Will see if I can find it and scan it for you.

#6 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 10:20 PM

ive got the FSM and service booklet for the CC.

#7 maximumBRAT

maximumBRAT

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • Berthoud

Posted 07 December 2004 - 11:16 PM

no cruise here, didn't think they came with it.. no idea how.

#8 tizzle

tizzle

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 607 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 07 December 2004 - 11:33 PM

Mine has cruise control, not that I'll ever use it

#9 archemitis

archemitis

guy smiley

• Members
  • 3,554 posts
  • the big minnie

Posted 08 December 2004 - 09:39 AM

cruise is alot like cup holders... you dont see either in race cars, and.... =]

the pedal unit thingy, and the controll box. its all vaccume. i think its the same on carb units as on mpfi... if its not, id want the carb one, cuz its very simple. i think you need that big black plastic balloon thing too.

#10 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 09:41 AM

Well, i dont care about cup holders...I do care about my knee/ankle pain during long trips. :banghead:

#11 archemitis

archemitis

guy smiley

• Members
  • 3,554 posts
  • the big minnie

Posted 08 December 2004 - 09:49 AM

stick the button and twisty thingy in the dash somewhere, thatd look cool.

#12 ScottG

ScottG

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Richmond, VA

Posted 16 October 2007 - 05:05 PM

I know I should be the all mighty and know the answer to this...but im lazy this time.

My 87 RX. I want cruise control. What do i need?

Brainbox and pedal unit. What else?

Hi WJM, I am beholding to you for the note about making Cruise Controls on EA81s & 2s work in Soobs where the ATs have been swapped for MTs. You saved my life & my leg with your note on removing the jumper from the big console receptical plug to make the dash think it was no longer in neutral. It sure worked for me!

Now to business: I have a factory or dealer CC from an '88 Loyale coupe. It includes the vacuum hoses, the dash mounted control box (goes in the opening to the rigjht of the steering wheel, where I have a factory mounted power mirror control on my '86 GL wagon), all the wiring and the 'brain box' that mounts above the hood release handle (it uses the same mounting bolts as the hood release). I also have the brake switch (I copped the clutch switch for my wagon). It also includes the little round thingy from the shock tower under the hood - has 3 or 4 wires going to it and a vacuum hose that goes to the gas pedal vac solenoid.

I do not have the black plastic bubble (vac storage unit, I think) that was attached to the passenger side shock tower, and I do not have the vacuum solenoid the pulls the accelerator.....everything else is there..... Make me an offer I can't refuse!! email me at: fordveight@earthlink.net (And be patient....my spamblocker takes a while to get through)

SG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users