Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I Have A 95 Legacy Ls Awd Wagon. My Question Is Does The Abs Sensors Have Anything To Do With The Awd. It Seems Like The Rear Wheels Don't Push As Much As I Thought They Would In The Snow. I've Had A 90 Loyale With Awd That Pushed Alot More Than This Car Seems To. Help!!!!

I Have A 95 Legacy Ls Awd Wagon. My Question Is Does The Abs Sensors Have Anything To Do With The Awd. It Seems Like The Rear Wheels Don't Push As Much As I Thought They Would In The Snow. I've Had A 90 Loyale With Awd That Pushed Alot More Than This Car Seems To. Help!!!!

Auto or manual? If its an auto then only 10% of the power is going to the back...until it starts to slip.

I've got a 95 Legacy as well--LSi wagon. I have the automatic transmission. I don't "feel" the rear power like I expected when I first started driving the car--and I discovered it's usually just 10% power to the rear--but I can tell a difference between it and a regular FWD car. I have done a fair bit of snow and/or ice driving since getting the Sube this past year--you feel the rear when it needs it. Though I'd like a nice 50/50 split all the time, it's still not a bad drivetrain. I was really impressed with the handeling.

Just for a HOOT-- put a 20 amp fuse in the FWD plug (under the hood on the passenger side near the firewall) and drive around in the snow without AWD for a few minutes. You'll want to pull it out as soon as you experience the difference.

***Automatics only!!!***

Oh yeah...the ABS has nothing to do with the AWD.

:grin: