Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81/EA71 FSM question

I've been looking at several online used book stores at FSMs for various cars, and I came across a couple for EA81 and EA71 cars. The description is virtually nonexistent, so I'm wondering how the manuals are arranged? Are there several separate books like the one I've got for my 86, or is it just one big book? Most of the ones I've found are selling a single book, but give no indication if it's one of a set or which one. One of them said that it's the "engine and body" book?

Help please.

Also, has anybody tried the FSM's on CD for the newer cars? Are they pretty slick or should I look for paper copies?

Thanks for the offer Matt. I'm actually looking to aquire an FSM set for each model designation (EA71 through EJ 25). I'm starting with the old ones because they will probably get rarer and harder to find. I just need to know how the manual is set up. I.E. one big book, several small ones, or whatever.

BTW Matt: Sorry to hijack my own thread, but are you still thinking about driving to WCSS7? I've decided for sure that I'm taking Roxanne down rather than driving that other car up at that time, and a caravan would be sweet.

Shure, I am not exactally sure which year the manual if from, but as it has the EA71, EA81, and EA81T I am sure it is from '83 or '84.

There is also an early EJ22 manual there too (I think 1992).

Both only have engine info, but that is probably enough for those interested in mods :brow: