Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2.2 legacy bucking in low rpm's

i just bought a new legacy, so far ive just changed the oil and got some injector cleaner

i bought some spark plugs but havnt got to change them yet

anyway sometimes its really bad other times it works fine, at around 2300-2800 rpms the car just loses guts and has no pull, giving it some gas does nothing, then at around 3300 it just picks up and goes full power, also if i downshift to cruise i can feel the power fall when this happens.

the car also had way to high oil level when i got it, and a cam seal is gone, but i cant get that fixed for a few weeks...

my friends father manages a suby dealer, and he will replace whatever cam seals are gone and the timing belt for free labour because he likes to work on subarus

try doing air and fuel filters, plugs and plug wires, injector cleaner, tank of premium, new brake fluid, new trans. fluid, new oil and filter, a good one dont cheap out on this one, like wix or something. just a basic tune-up, look at your brake pads and all that stuff as well, you'll spend like $100 for all that but it will be stuff you dont have to worry about for a while. sounds like a lot but you bought the car, might as well take out a piece-of-mind-insurance plan of $100 out on the car.

~Josh~

BALLITCH is right!

Same thing was going on with my 99' 2.2L Legacy!

NGK Laser Platinum Plugs, new wires, fuel filter, 5w 30 AMSOIL w/ filter... Solved the problem & gave her balls!

I think the "bucking" problem was cuz of the FUEL FILTER &/OR PLUG WIRES! Wires were rusty & I noticed on my plug contact points there was an irregular arce looking contact spot!

ive never in my life changed plug wires before

how much would a set of 4 cost, and how hard are they to change, is there anything very strange about them compared to changing plugs

can you do it all at once or does it double the time

A set at NAPA costs about $50!

EASY to change.. nothing special to it.. except you feel or here a lil' tiny pop when it seats on the plug.

yeah you can do it all at once and it'll add about 3 minutes to the entire PLUG CHANGE!

GET AFTER IT BRO! Hope it helps!