Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Subi Brat Addict

Heya All!! I finnally got the reply from the forum so I can start posting here!:banana:

I am a new Brat Addict, I have a NICE '85 stock brat (plan to keep it that way other than loosing the "herb green" paint :-p ) 88k miles, and the original owner was a mechanic that kept it in great shape, new interior just a few years ago:cool:

Gonna use it for my back-flow assembly testing business, and to play with in my free time:D

Great site you have here ... now if I can get a Gen 2 topper for my Gen 1 topper I will be ready to rock!

he he, welcome to the club, wait till you go to the yards and start finding parts! THATS a bad addiction! I've got all sorts of goodies in the garage that I just couldn't let go to the crusher.

:lol: !!!!

I got that problem BEFORE I even bought the brat!! :-p

I found a :snif!: '83 brat that was being given the jaws of life treatment by the local Fire Dept for practice!! :banghead:

It was enought to make ya cry, but once I realized I could score all the goodies off of it that I could stuff in my friend's truck I had a big smile :grin:

I got lotta stuff from this '83 turbo and a topper too (gen 1 DOH!! wana trade anyone? :brow: ) from a local classic car shop before I was able to get the brat after selling my '88 Justy with 55k miles.

Just wish I had access to a cherry picker that day! The odometer was only showing 120k miles .. might have been a good engine still :D

You are aware that you must aquire additional Subarus, within your probationary period, to remain in "Good Standing" on the board :lol:

Hmmmmmm .... does a garage full of parts I stripped offa the '83 count? ;)

I got everything of value I could in the 3 hours b4 the wrecker took it to be crushed :cool: