Ultimate Subaru Message Board

NEW 2005 Outback Spy Photos and info!!!

Originally posted by HB_Dad

Well, I mentioned seeing this thing in the flesh at a Subaru sponsored survey. Well, here are the first photos and a brief writeup about it:

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=6096&n=158,178&sid=178

I've seen photos of it, without the cover-up's over at NASIOC's forums. Click here to see the pictures.

One thing I hope the final US/CAN version will have is the twin exhaust tips as shown in the pictures! That would make the car look really sharp.

-RC!

Looks to me like it either sits a little higher than the 2000-2004 model, or like they trimmed some of the body parts that hang down. I like it. My biggest gripe about the 2000-2004 model is that there is too much plastic hanging below the front bumper. To me that defeats the whole "Outback" theme. :rolleyes:

Guess that's why I like my '99!:D

Uhh.... A apologize in advance for saying this, and it's probably just my extreme affinity for the older soobs, but quite frankly I think it's kinda ugly. The newer subarus just keep looking more and more like other cars that are out there. One of the main reasons that I like subarus is that they don't look like other cars. I like the different look, and that appears to be going away with the newer cars.