Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Guys, my Leg Wagon outside hatch handle is rusted and I have to manually "push" it back to a non-release position every time I use it. This is the ONLY rusted part on this car...weird...but anyway, I was wondering if this part commonly rusts early because it is unpainted, or what..

And of course, the flip side....anybody got a trunk latch mechanism non-rusted for sale/trade from a parts car?

Gracias!

Adam Lee

I did the hatch handle on my 93 Legacy Wagon. Part was $15.12 at the local dealership, with tax, about $17.00, something like that. It was well worth it.

Installation was simple too. Just have to pop the hatch, remove the lower interior piece (about 10 plastic screws) and look for the 2 bolts of the existing handle, pop off a cotter pin and whalla, a new handle, and no more having to make sure that it is pushed back when you go to close the hatch.

It took me only about 20 minutes from start to finish, but was worth it.

Thanks guys....sounds like I'll be holding out for an online Soob parts dealer at that price, especially since I can live with it till I eventually get the part.

FYI, I succesfully drove the "oil bomb" home from my school tonight...I had no badness, just a nice blue cloud behind me as I went over 40/45 uphills and such.

Now, she gets to sit and wait her turn for seal repair, because I must spend all my "spare" time on my Mutt M151A2....I am totally jones'in to get a few detail items done on that mutt, so I can be going "topless" this spring....

ciao

post-7590-136027600785_thumb.jpg