Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Have a few questions for some of you who might know, i recently got my hands on a 2002 RS 5MT this is the hydraulic setup. it will go into my 97 impreza Here are my questions

1. Can the hydraulic setup be replaced with a cable setup ( i havent got to look at the subaru hydraluic setup before) via a new fork etc?

2. Will my shift linkage, work the same?

3. Are the transmission length dimensions the same? i have a 5MT out of a 91 legacy in my impreza at present and am wondering if the driveline will work....

4. Also any good leads on hydro pedals and cylinders would be good...thanks

Cory

Thanks for the answers....that is good news

I have already done a AT/MT swap but i was dumb and didnt do a rebuild while i had the MT out and now the bearings are howling....so i picked up this nice tranny....

the reason i am asking these questions is one i dont want to have to get a new drivline and shift linkage....and i do enjoy the cable setup its much simpler and easy to adjust

so if anyone can confirm that you can make a hydraulic setup on the tranny swap to cable let me know...i would like it better and would save me lots of $$$

Thanks

Cory