Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!
|Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.
We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!
Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!
Drive train crossbreeding
Posted 31 May 2005 - 07:46 PM
1. Can the hydraulic setup be replaced with a cable setup ( i havent got to look at the subaru hydraluic setup before) via a new fork etc?
2. Will my shift linkage, work the same?
3. Are the transmission length dimensions the same? i have a 5MT out of a 91 legacy in my impreza at present and am wondering if the driveline will work....
4. Also any good leads on hydro pedals and cylinders would be good...thanks
Posted 01 June 2005 - 08:05 AM
Posted 01 June 2005 - 02:14 PM
I have already done a AT/MT swap but i was dumb and didnt do a rebuild while i had the MT out and now the bearings are howling....so i picked up this nice tranny....
the reason i am asking these questions is one i dont want to have to get a new drivline and shift linkage....and i do enjoy the cable setup its much simpler and easy to adjust
so if anyone can confirm that you can make a hydraulic setup on the tranny swap to cable let me know...i would like it better and would save me lots of $$$
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users