Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

88 GL-10 Bogs down when accelerator is pressed

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 waddon5

waddon5

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • seattle

Posted 31 May 2005 - 08:41 PM

I recently made an engine swap from an automatic transmission to a 4WD manual. The engine starts and runs but cuts out if you get on it hard. I have checked the vacuum lines and as far as I can tell they are hooked up right. Is there something electronic I need off the old engine that was attached to the manual transmission? What else could be causing this?

Thanks
Waddon5

#2 john in KY

john in KY

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,262 posts
  • KY

Posted 31 May 2005 - 10:06 PM

did you plug the vacuum line that originally went from the intake manifold to the transmission modulator?

#3 waddon5

waddon5

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • seattle

Posted 31 May 2005 - 10:54 PM

did you plug the vacuum line that originally went from the intake manifold to the transmission modulator?

I looked at the original engine and made the vacuum configuration the same. I spoke with my brother and he thinks it may be fuel related. I will replace the fuel filter, check the fuel lines for kinks and if someone knows where the fuel/air mixture module is and can tell me, that would be greatly appreciated!

#4 EA6BMECH

EA6BMECH

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Nantahala

Posted 01 June 2005 - 05:08 AM

Define getting on it hard. A quick push of the gas pedal and it quits or dogs out could be the accellerator plunger on the carb. Now bing new to this car, I don't know if yours is fuel injected. Next, if you romp on it hard for several seconds, then it dogs out, clogged fuel filter.

#5 waddon5

waddon5

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • seattle

Posted 01 June 2005 - 06:01 PM

Define getting on it hard. A quick push of the gas pedal and it quits or dogs out could be the accellerator plunger on the carb. Now bing new to this car, I don't know if yours is fuel injected. Next, if you romp on it hard for several seconds, then it dogs out, clogged fuel filter.

It is fuel injected and it bogs down when pressing the accelerator hard. You can mash it SLOWLY and the RPMs will come up but anything other than slow will cause it to bog down and die.

#6 Cougar

Cougar

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 6,342 posts
  • Anchorage

Posted 01 June 2005 - 06:10 PM

I would have the fuel pressure checked. My guess is you have a weak pump.

#7 [HTi]Johnson

[HTi]Johnson

Head Trauma, inc.

• Members
  • 1,512 posts
  • Coburg, Or.

Posted 02 June 2005 - 01:03 AM

Gl-10 right? Is it turbo'd. Fuel injected or carb'd? Did you make sure to plug the line that went from the Intake manifold to the Auto matic tranny? If not, that will create an intake leak.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users