Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Junkyards in MA?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Phaedras

Phaedras

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • Somerville

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:13 PM

Hey, I just moved to Boston and though I've seen a multitude of older Subarus around, living in the Boston area (Somerville) doesn't seem to provide many actual junkyards to pull parts from. I need some big and a lot of small EA82 stuff (ranging from alternator to AC bracket screws). I'd be willing to drive an hour to get to such a place where I might find these parts. Anyone have any leads?

#2 Seahag1978

Seahag1978

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,387 posts
  • Witch City

Posted 30 June 2005 - 09:08 PM

Sorry. You came to the absolute wrong end of the earth for old Subie parts. In fact, most yards won't even let you "browse". A lot of my parts come from the board members here or a very occasional eBay score.

I do have a wonderful local parts man who finds a lot of the comestibles for me (and he doesn't laugh)... he's in Peabody... about 17 miles from you, as the crow flies... driving takes about an hour, not far off 128 or 107. He's Paul at Hawkes Auto Parts. Awesome guy!

#3 moosens

moosens

Psychotic Subathusiast

• Members
  • 1,267 posts
  • Bridgeport CT

Posted 01 July 2005 - 07:36 PM

Jesse and I can probably cover what you need.Right now it's best to start with Jesse,a.k.a. Subafreak.He's closer and my stuff is kind of tightly wedged into a storage bay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users