Ultimate Subaru Message Board

N/W Wash Offroad Run Aug 13

i might be interested if it is fairly close to home...

but would this stuff be ok to run my s/r open diff to the max 79 brat?

the stuff at WCSS7 was pretty much all i wanted to go through... getting to the open gravel pit wasn't super hard to do but i did get stuck when i went into it...:rolleyes: (thanks again mick with the quick winching amazingness)

plus i have kumho summer boots on... ok ya... and plus i have a broken(breaking) front axle...

ok i'm out... but give me a shout next time you ppl are going for another run!

the best place i know where you can go where there are a varied ability levels of trails is stave lake... i have never been there myself but i've heard very good things...

http://www.bcfroa.bc.ca/british-columbia-map/92/2/2/1#x

stave is the lake on the far right near the bottom... zoom in to get a better idea of where it is... the map should also give you a good idea of how far away it is...

as far as the rest of it goes... i can look into other places...

If we go to North Fork here are some directions

at Bellingham

take Sunset exit

travel out Mt. Baker Highway, past the Hwy 9 intersection to the "Welcome Store" @ Mosquito Lake Rd, Turn right, cross over the Nooksack river bridge & take the first Left on to North Fork Rd. then travel about four miles or so staying to the Left @ all intersections. You will pass two gravel pits where people have been playing with their ORV's of choice (a lot of bikes and quads) The first trail is about a half mile past the second pit. There are 5 trailheads if I remember correctly & they are all off the right side of the rd when headed in.

The DNR sign says "Morell Flats"

What time??? Call me on your way up someone....

or stop by... I'm on North Fork Road hiding behind some trees... I just hope I'm around...

phone # 739-3535

Mudisfun - J - I still have your phone number. I just don't want to call too early....

Who is in or out?

Had a great time Saturday 4 subies showed up , 1 coming later after fun run through the ATV trails I got stuck in a deeper mud hole then I thought it was ,went ok till the rear tire hit a tree root , I have no pics as my dig cam gave out, if you ever buy one get the extended warenty and keep all reciepts, next week will be at Sandlake Oregan monday & tuesday got a couple old 31 x 13.5 wore out swamper tires to try in the sand , looking forward to another NW Wash run , thanks Uncool for the tow out of the mud hole , came away with a ton of scratches on the car and only a few minor dents from trees Scott

Here's the pictures Andy took.

8346DSCF0365-thumb.JPG 8346DSCF0352-thumb.JPG 8346DSCF0351-thumb.JPG 8346DSCF0350-thumb.JPG 8346DSCF0372-thumb.JPG 8346DSCF0359-thumb.JPG

The pot of gold.

8346DSCF0363-thumb.JPG 8346DSCF0362-thumb.JPG

Dan had his first run with his 87 EA81 Hatch.

8346DSCF0385-thumb.JPG 8346DSCF0382-thumb.JPG

This Yoda tried six times to make it up this hill. I made it second try!

8346DSCF0389-thumb.JPG

The tire got some a tree

8346DSCF0376-thumb.JPG

Random Pictures

8346DSCF0374-thumb.JPG 8346DSCF0403-thumb.JPG 8346DSCF0405-thumb.JPG

The best 'stuck' of the day, camera started to wig out but the bottom of the tire was four feet off the ground.

8346DSCF0397-thumb.JPG 8346DSCF0400-thumb.JPG

In a month there should be another run down that trail, I missed out :( and so did a bunch of others. Amanda and OneEye, you are both being forced to come.

Jeremy