Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Where the heck are the Flasher units located?

I have a 3 door coupe (1988) and I found a short in the flasher or the turn signal switch and need to start by replacing the flasher so I have two questions. ONE..... Are there two seperate flashers .... one for the emergency 4 way lights and one for the turn signals????

TWO..... I can hear the stupid thing buzzzz but just can't see it. Anybody know how to get to them???? maybe a picture from a book so I can see where the stupid thing is??????? boing

Thanks.. I havent' looked yet but I will and get back to you. I have had a bum knee and have been away from the computer. I took the fuse panel out and let it rest forward but was unable to see the flasher but will look again and report. boing

ok, for those interested... no wonder I couldn't find the flasher unit for the turn signals.... instead of being a cylinder, it's a flat plastic flasher that hooks directly to the computer. sheeeeesh... ya think they could of told ya that in the mitchell or in the book or at very least in the htkysa book. it's just above the fuse box to the right... directly under the steering wheel.

weird deal.... my problem got solved (so far) just by taking it apart and putting it back together. Thanks all, boing