Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What model is my Leone???

Hi,

Had a big crash in my Leone and having problems finding parts. Need to know what model/series this car is? EG: L series??? Car is an 1982 Leone 4x4 turbo. Have attached picture.

Hardnest part to find is the axel shaft. Managed to snap mine in half. CVs are easy to find. Seems to be a funny shaft. Its about 450mm long, 210mm between small end of CV boot, 26mm wide and has 23 count spline at each end. CV at gearbox end has 23 count spline and CV at hub end has 30 count spline with 58mm seal size. Gearbox is hi/lo 4wd and 2wd selectable, 5 speed originally attached to an ea81T but now attached to ea82T.

I'm not sure which parts are standard on this car. If any of these measurements make since please let me know which model/series my car is and which model/series the axel shaft I require comes from?

These cars are getting old!!! very hard to get parts from!!! Better drive carefully in the future.

Thank you for your help.

post-4097-136027603038_thumb.jpg

post-4097-136027603044_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Had a big crash in my Leone and having problems finding parts. Need to know what model/series this car is? EG: L series??? Car is an 1982 Leone 4x4 turbo. Have attached picture.

Hardnest part to find is the axel shaft. Managed to snap mine in half. CVs are easy to find. Seems to be a funny shaft. Its about 450mm long, 210mm between small end of CV boot, 26mm wide and has 23 count spline at each end. CV at gearbox end has 23 count spline and CV at hub end has 30 count spline with 58mm seal size. Gearbox is hi/lo 4wd and 2wd selectable, 5 speed originally attached to an ea81T but now attached to ea82T.

I'm not sure which parts are standard on this car. If any of these measurements make since please let me know which model/series my car is and which model/series the axel shaft I require comes from?

These cars are getting old!!! very hard to get parts from!!! Better drive carefully in the future.

Thank you for your help.

Originally, that would have had a crab'd engine and 4 speed manual.

What you want, as mentioned before, is axles off any old ea81 4wd car (pre '85)(not L series). Try Rossco's wreckers in Ashburton if you are stuck.

The VIN number will tell the whole story. Non-US spec cars are different than US spec but I will try to field this one.

EA81T car that originally came with an auto. The 5 sp would have been attached to an '84 and newer car down there('85 and newer in the states). The turbo axles have a larger diameter shaft but the cups should be the same for all. As long as they have 23 splines any will work.

Post the VIN and we may be able to decifer it to tell the original story.

Their seems to be to different axles diameters. Mine is around 26mm but their is another around 20mm. Are the wider axles from 4wd, manual or turbo models?

New Zealand new cars had the large axles. Perhaps front drive cars may have had the small ones.

Japanese import 4wd cars came with the small axles (and smaller CVs). Only the turbo Jap ones had the large axles.

So, you should be able to find the larger ones on any NZ new 4wd car.