Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Drags - 14.5 sec **video clip posted**

Here is a compressed vid clip of one of my burnouts from a run. I do have a few timeslips in NY with me, so when I am at work monday night Ill scan it and put it up. (I have the 14.58 with me :brow: ).

Im done messing with video editing for now. Trying to get some luck to go the Red Sox's way. But enjoy that clip

xt1 burnout_sm.zip

Here is a compressed vid clip of one of my burnouts from a run. I do have a few timeslips in NY with me, so when I am at work monday night Ill scan it and put it up. (I have the 14.58 with me :brow: ).

Im done messing with video editing for now. Trying to get some luck to go the Red Sox's way. But enjoy that clip

Nice clip! I never heard of any Subarus sounding like that. I thought it was another car until I played it the second time. My RX turbo has a totally different sound to it.

thanks Kev.

I just have a custom downpipe to a Dynomax race bullet muffler. It does sound pretty nasty. I believe on that race, I was against a 7.4 second dragster to my 14.7, so when I get the race part of it posted, it'll be hilarious how bad I get smoked. Although I did R/T him .016 to a .032. Footbrake all the way!!!!

hey Matt

i have been wanting to go to the lebanon raceway when the fri. night grudge races are on.are they still doing them into October?if so, will you be going again?i want to see your car in action!i`m in Walden near Newburgh and Middletown, but a friend of mine said those races are great.take care,

Jon

hey Matt

i have been wanting to go to the lebanon raceway when the fri. night grudge races are on.are they still doing them into October?if so, will you be going again? Jon

Matt said earlier....

The track closes towards the end of Oct, so hopefully I can get one more set on it before winter.

I'm guessing it was a 2 tire burnout, you were having issues with the spider gears binding right? If the gears aren't too sloppy in the case, you could even weld them to make the front end locked. I've done this on a bunch of rear engine cars but never a front engine. They held up suprizingly well that way.

I hope that off-campus people can view this page.

http://www.rpi.edu/~golinm/Car%20Stuff/XT/

If it works, XT1 video is me getting handled by a mid 7-sec dragster... by the way I got him off the line .016 to a .03x. XT2 is against a civic bouncing off the rev limiter (and ruining my engine sound), and then red-lighting horribly. He left way early and ran like a 15.1 I think i had a 14.7 and he crossed only like 15 thousands ahead of me.

*off to class, work, work for me*

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.rpi.edu/~golinm/Car%20Stuff/XT/

New Video Posted!!!!!!!

Its called 'XT drags from stands' just shy of 10MB. Its just a different view of the previous races I posted.

In the first race I get hammered by a dragster (you see the times at the end) but I treed him .016 to an .030-something.

Second race I am against a turbo civic hatch with a garbage driver. Note the .048 reaction to his first yellow redlight. ugh.

-Matt

hey, one thing youcould try.. When a car launches, the weight tends to shift to the rear, which in a RWD car is a good thing, but unless you race in 4WD, try putting some stiffer springs in the rear. This will help keep the weight on the front of the car during launch. See if it improves your 1/4 time...

hey, one thing youcould try.. When a car launches, the weight tends to shift to the rear, which in a RWD car is a good thing, but unless you race in 4WD, try putting some stiffer springs in the rear. This will help keep the weight on the front of the car during launch. See if it improves your 1/4 time...

H-sucks -- Thanks for the comment, I was actually going to try that over the winter. Do you (or anyone else reading this) know if there are any stiffer replacements or just a way to modify the current ones to stuffen the a$$ end up?