Ultimate Subaru Message Board

and anotherone signs up

well after lurking in the shadows for months and months--reading your posts--i signed up to use the search engine--lol. i have a '03 baja sport--blue on blue (no silly two tone for me thank you very much). it has 40ish -k- miles and i have to say i am very happy with it. the bigest complaint i have is with the dirtbag dealership--(subie/hyundai-i should have known).

i live at the end of a dirt road and my baja has seen alot of off road time---some that i should have been in my truck--oh well it did it and came home--hoorah! i am interested in possibly lifting it for better ground clearance but i am leery of loosing the sports car like handling on these mountain roads--60mph through some of these turns--woo-hoo! so i am looking into alot of research before i decide.

pics of your welding jobs would be cool--maybe a seperate post. i love the railtek--(i think:-\ )---bumper, but i need more time away from work to tackle that one.

The bumper from rallitek.com comes from Mudrat79 a member on here.

The baja that they mounted the tube bumper on has slightly larger tires than stock, so maybe that would be a route you would want to go with yours? Same suspension, just a bit more ground clearance (and a bit miscalibrated speedo) from the larger tires. You would have to ask Sean or one of their techs what size tires they are running... I'm too lazy to drive the 37 blocks down to look for myself :lol: (yes rallitek is only 37 blocks from my house) :banana:

I have a full blue baja too... I just need to get a current pic on my avatar.

Welcome to the board,

There are just a handful of lifted newer Subies out there. I'd bet those guys would have some feedback on the handling associated with a lifted Subie.

Good to have you here,

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

84 GL Mad Max

01 Forester

i am interested in possibly lifting it for better ground clearance but i am leery of loosing the sports car like handling on these mountain roads--60mph through some of these turns--woo-hoo! so i am looking into alot of research before i decide.

well if you do lift your baja.maybe getting bigger swaybars and strut braces would help with any swaying you get on those mountain roads.