Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Aftermarket wheels/tires for 1994 Legacy non-turbo.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ringe

ringe

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Fort Collins, CO

Posted 01 October 2003 - 01:40 PM

So, here's the deal. I want to get rid of the crappy 14in steel wheels and replace them with aluminum 15 inchers of the same size as were used on the 94 Turbo. I'm assuming that I can use a lower profile tire and not have to recalibrate my speedometer (not like I pay much attention to it anyway! lol). Would this work in theory, and if so, any suggestions on nice looking ones. I hate rice, so bling bling is out.

#2 Legacy777

Legacy777

• 12,630 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 01 October 2003 - 06:56 PM

yes they'll work,

you can figure out your new tire size with this

http://www.miata.net...e/tirecalc.html

#3 ScoobySchmitty

ScoobySchmitty

I am The Stig.

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Kalamazoo

Posted 02 October 2003 - 09:29 AM

I've been looking for some 95+ Legacy GT wheels. If you can find a wrecked one with good condition wheels, that might be your ticket. They are 16" multispoked (18 spokes??), and look sweet on the later model Legacy GT's. AND they will look just as good on a 90-94! Check this out!
Posted Image

ScoobySchmitty:banana:

#4 ringe

ringe

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Fort Collins, CO

Posted 02 October 2003 - 01:38 PM

That looks sharp, and I am sure my green one would look nice too. Too bad mine ain't a turbo, lol

#5 biffbradford

biffbradford

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • Milwaukee , Wi

Posted 04 October 2003 - 01:45 PM

Originally posted by ringe
I'm assuming that I can use a lower profile tire and not have to recalibrate my speedometer (not like I pay much attention to it anyway! lol).

Find someone with a GPS receiver ... place it on the dash while you drive and you'll see exactly how far off your spedo is.

jw
milwaukee

#6 applegump

applegump

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • CH

Posted 04 October 2003 - 03:51 PM

I got some gold 16 inchers from a wrecked impreza with no problems. Looks cool too:D

#7 ringe

ringe

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Fort Collins, CO

Posted 06 October 2003 - 12:41 PM

Originally posted by applegump
I got some gold 16 inchers from a wrecked impreza with no problems. Looks cool too:D

Do you get any wheel rub when you crank full over on the steering wheel, or do you have sufficient clearance?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users