Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

No oil pressure !!HELP!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MaroonDuneDoom

MaroonDuneDoom

Stick It To The Man!!!

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • Casper,Wy

Posted 11 October 2003 - 08:31 PM

help, my guage indicates no oil pressure and it previously did. i checked the first most obvious thing, the oil level, and it was fine. could it be the pump or something else. any ideas of what i could do? (ie. what to test, how to test etc.) all help is greatly appreciated.

#2 JWX

JWX

Lonely driver

• Members
  • 3,073 posts
  • Atlanta

Posted 11 October 2003 - 08:39 PM

well if it didn't make an odd noise then it's probably just your sending unit. unless you have a manuel gauge then I don't now

#3 Skip

Skip

Flatuous Blather

• 8,991 posts
  • Latrobe, Pennsylvania

Posted 11 October 2003 - 08:39 PM

the oil pressure sending unit is beside the oil filter
check the wire to it, mine recently got caught in the pulley beside it and pulled loose.
ALSO these sending units are notorious for going toast, gauges on rare occasion go bad, check the wire to the sending unit.
Ground it and see what the gauge does - should peg to the highest reading.

You will be told to put a mechanical gauge on to be sure.
HTH

#4 bbbs53

bbbs53

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • Bonners Ferry Idaho

Posted 11 October 2003 - 09:16 PM

If I am not mistaken, there is a port, plugged in the other end of the pump. You can try another sending unit or a mech. unit from there. If it isnt making a lot of noise, it is probably ok, but very unerving. They wiill hold together on remarkably little oil pressure.

#5 skeet

skeet

Human

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Earth

Posted 12 October 2003 - 02:34 AM

If you want to make super sure you have pressure. take the sending unit out, put your thumb over the hole, and have someone crank the engine. If the pressure pushes your thumb away, you've probably got enough pressure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users