Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

dog barrier - will this fit 02?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dirckdiggler

dirckdiggler

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • portland

Posted 12 October 2003 - 10:09 PM

I am planning to purchase a dog barrier for our 02 Outback wagon (no moonroof). Does any one know if this will fit? I think the dog barriers are different for the 00 and above models. I can't seem to find anything on the web as far as dimensions, etc. Some web sites that sell them new ask for specific model of car, others do not.
Thanks in advance for the help.

http://home.comcast.net/~dirckl2/

Dirck

#2 Nickshu

Nickshu

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 October 2003 - 02:46 AM

Here is one on Ebay. It looks like its a one-size-fits-all model though, which is not as nice as the one in your pic. I didn't know there was an issue with the sunroofs and a dog guard....good to know since I would like one also.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...item=2436995086

Sorry I didnt answer your specific question.

#3 Valkaru

Valkaru

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Penacook, NH

Posted 13 October 2003 - 06:49 AM

I have the 'factory' one in my '01 OBW LTD, and the top is a little different. The lower corners rest on the plastic window trim a little behind and just above the mounting bars for the privacy cover. The upper slightly curved pieces catch the upper plastic window trim just behind the seatbelts. On one side, the top of the frame has a bigger distance away from the top mount to clear the center seatbelt shoulder strap.
I did have to cut a single piece of 'wire' out to clear the upper safety belt for my baby car seat, but otherwise it fits pretty well. I think the whole thing shold be about 1/2" wider to beter fill the space, as it seems to be holding on to the edge of the plastic trim, but it does stay. Were I to do it again, I would buy the same one at the same price, if that is any help.
Speed Safely! David

#4 Phillip

Phillip

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Eugene, OR

Posted 13 October 2003 - 10:04 AM

I'm looking for a dog barrier to fit a 1999 Legacy Outback (without moonroof). If the one you're looking at isn't right for you, please let me know. Thanks

#5 Subie Gal

Subie Gal

GC84Ever

• Members
  • 1,443 posts
  • WA

Posted 16 October 2003 - 01:21 PM

Originally posted by Phillip
I'm looking for a dog barrier to fit a 1999 Legacy Outback (without moonroof). If the one you're looking at isn't right for you, please let me know. Thanks

subaru offers only one dog guard for the 99 Legacy

it's listed as a 1/2 guard - AND retails for $159.95

I can get this for you (i work for www.allsubaru.com) for $127.96 + shipping if you are interested.. the 99 dog guard is not on allsubaru.com so just contact me to order.

the more current models, listing options for sunroof and NO sunroof can be viewed here:

http://secure.cartsv...dog&catid=13029

there is a slight difference in them....
good luck to all
Jamie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users