Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ 80's car reliability

Knichol

With more people completing the EA to EJ conversion, I was wondering if anyone has found any reliability problems yet. I have close to 25,000 miles on my conversion and haven't had any problems that I can pin on doing the swap. So, anyone out there with issues from the conversion?

i dont have any problems related to the EJ swap, the only problem i see in the future is the second gear synchro going out on me.....but its been acting up for the past 3-4 years.....doesnt matter what super-hightech-full-synthetic oil/gear lube i put in it, it still acts like it doesnt like me very much sometimes, only when its cold.......oh well....thats the price of power.

edit: oh and i have at least 6k on my swap.

~Josh~

the only problem i see in the future is the second gear synchro going out on me.....but its been acting up for the past 3-4 years.....

~Josh~

I have the same problem and went through the same process. I found 90 - 140 gear oil fixed that problem although shifting when it's cold is a little tougher. I have had it that way for about 30,000 miles and no negitive affects yet. (knock on wood)