Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The shift boot on my 99 legacy sedan making an otherwise cosmetically sound interior look bad. I was wondering where I could get a new one, and what it would take to put it on. I also figure, while I'm at it, I might want to get a new knob all together, since I saw a few in the SPT catalog that looked pretty fancy...

I'm sure its not that hard, and if its beyond my level of do-it-yourself-ing (which is highly likely), it won't be too expensive for my local garage (not dealer) to throw it on.

All comments welcome...

-kevin

I think you need part number 92070AC011

It's a front half of console cover with a leather boot. There might be separate part number just for the boot, but I do not know it.

Changing it takes 2 minutes - unscrew shifter knob, unscrew two bolts holding console cover over ebrake lever, replace front part of console with the one you buy, put it back and screw in a new shifter knob.

Of course buying a replacement is straigtforward but I once took a bad shifter boot off my old '69 datsun 2000 convertible (SRL-311) and had a relative that sews take the old one apart and use it for a pattern and sew up a new one. I found the leather i wanted and had to buy a special needle for her IIRC - but it worked gtreat!

just an idea

Carl