Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Evans Creek Off ROad Vehicle Park 4X4 run July 8-9?

I'll be leaving my place around 10am and stopping at the Chevron in Wilkeson approx 10:30 to get my pass and some munchies. If your coming up 410, I advise stopping at the Safeway gas station in Bonney Lk. Gas is real cheap there, I pay $2.94gal. See you all up there:headbang:

Rob, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't make it up there till after 4. Save some of your hatch for us. lol

I want to camp at the far right tip of 320. If people have already grabbed that spot, then the old standby at the end of 510? Or is it 7930? You'll know, it's that knife edge rige with the shale drop off over looking Tacoma in the very far distance.

Do you know the fire danger? Call me.

Austin, call me if I can help. You need to borrow my mudders? :brow:

EZ

Well, I never came back to the Board to see your last post:o

At least we got to say hi before I had to leave. Saw Ed on the way out also. Hope you all enjoy the weather, its at least 10deg cooler up there.

Got my "Redneck Fender Flares" installed, but never saw the County Mounties today. Better safe than sorry tho.

fenderflare1.jpg

fenderflare2.jpg

fenderflare3.jpg

We didn't get there until late Saturday (around 5pm or so). But did get to see Turbone on the way out. Parked the RV in the main camping area and set out to find the designated camping area in my stock '91 Legacy. Found the camping area and I was glad that I didn't decide to bring the RV in that far. Nobody around but found a note by the campfire and left a reply that we were at the main camping area. Zap and Brian came in around 8pm and stayed the night there. Zap took me for a ride today in his rig and I was more than impressed; he does make it look easy, but I know how much skill is involved and how well prepared his truck is. I got some pics with my new camera and will post them as soon as I can.

Olympus SP-500UZ. Currently on sale until Tuesday at Frye's for $249 plus tax with a "free" 512Mb memory card included. 6 megapixel and 10x optical zoom with 5x digital. Not small and a bit clunky, but I was looking for the features and not appearance. I also like it since you can download pics on your computer without installing any funky software; just plug it into a USB port and the camera acts like an external drive. Lastly, it doesn't wait 2 seconds after you press the shutter to actually take a picture like my old camera. If you have the Frye's flyer from last Friday, it's listed on the top left of the front page at $349 before savings of $100. Considering I paid $249 for my 2.0 Mp Olympus three years ago this is a pretty good deal.

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1189