Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Super swampers just dont fit an impreza

sayn3ver

Just placed an order for 1996 rear legacy outback struts. Should be here tomorow or friday. I'm biting the bullet because i will spend close to that in wheel spacers and studs and it doesnt guarentee it fitting. All i need is anothe 1/8-1/4 inch of clearence between the tire and the strut.

There are absolutly no guarentees that you can make then fit, by just bolting stuff on...

Except for the new Tribeca, the stock tires on my wagon are the largest Subaru puts on their vehicles. And my 27's are an awful tight fit. (still havent got a full mud photo of it.)

So congrats on even getting close to putting them on. Even if it does result in it looking like its wearing clown shoes with the big feet. ;)

No, it should. From the picture alone, i can tell thats all the extra room i need. Its just barely rubbing the perch. I know its not guaranteed, but its closer than the possiblilty of moving my wheel out with huge spacers and than maybe clearing the perch but i just added a ton of wear and tear on my wheel bearings.

I'll eat the other struts and keep them as backups incase i ever need them. They only have about 10 miles on them.

BruceyWV, we have the same tires ;)

Crap. :banghead:

It's been some time since I learned different than I put in that post about the similarities of the OB versus Forester. I went in and changed it in the FAQ over a month ago. I just up and spaced this post. Trust me, it's not my intention to mislead people, I'm honestly trying to help.

No its cool. My original post before it was deleted or w/e had people saying the same thing.

I just over-read mountbiker's comments. They should be here either tomorow or friday.

They should fit rather well. And life shall be good.