Ultimate Subaru Message Board

"look what i did today"!!!56K BEWARE!!!

monstaru

so i though i would get some actual progress done as the brat is going to be purely a toy by the end of the summer.not truly done,adding pieces to the bottom later on and some other mods with the front of the brat anyway.but,accomplishment is accomplishment ,so i thought i would share,

here we have part of a junkyard bumper(my own mounts) and some modded fenders,whatcha think?

56457b4d.jpg

afc9ac2b.jpg

dd08bb7e.jpg

8c49db75.jpg

all i know is that I like it

it actually had some double bars that were split in the middle below those.i sacrificed them for the clearance i wanted in front of the tires.they may reappear at a later date for the skidplate,in a different configuration. and beefy is not what i care about anymore.i know this bumper will do the job of stopping something if need be. it is 2x2 1/4 inch wall tubing.after shedding some pounds from the other bumper (see below),monstaru now has some more spring in her step.there is a huge difference in weight.it actually seems like she is sitting higher when you are in the cockpit.i do have some other pieces planned , but had to get her streetable as she is my daily driver.and only had monday afternoon and tuesday.

IMG_00221.JPG