Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Subaru Cult gets another member...

Heh heh. It started last year when my Brother was looking for a new car. He wanted a small, economical car with ABS, and he didn't want to spend a bunch of money. I was driving a Ford Ranger at the time, but had been seriously looking at Subarus for a couple of years. Anyway, he said he was thinking of getting a Saturn :rolleyes:, because they were offering some kind of 0% financing, and I suggested he look at some wagons (he does a lot of outdoors stuff and often has to carry a lot of things) by other manufacturers, like the Mazda Protege 5 and the Toyota Matrix. After a few weeks, he said he drove Matrix/Pontiac Vibe (same car), but there were some things he didn't care for, and the prices weren't that good except for stripped-down models.

So, then I suggested Subaru (which he had always dismissed in the past, saying "they're too expensive"). He started doing some internet research, and before I knew it, he called me up and said he was planning on getting an Impreza TS wagon, and brand new '02. Well, my brother Bruce got his Impreza, and about a month later, I got called to Active Duty and went overseas. When I came back in April, I had all that combat pay burning a hole in my pocket, so I quickly traded my Ranger in for a '99 OBW.

Then, earlier this month, my Mother had said that she was looking for a new car and of course Bruce and I both suggested she look at Subaru. I just got a call from her, she got an '04 Impreza TS wagon.:banana:

I wonder how many other people in my family will fall victim to the "Subaru Cult"?

Even my Brother-in-law, who is a former Subaru owner, admired my Outback and said he had considered getting one, but decided on an Explorer instead (I'll bet when gas prices were pushing $2/gallon he was regretting that decision!)

I think we're rapidly getting to the point where every 5th or 6th car you see out in Colorado is a Subaru!