Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Seat belts on jump seats

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 nathan_d

nathan_d

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 11:26 PM

I am installing some jump seats in my brat but the belts that i got from another brat seem to be locked up is there some button i need to press?

#2 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,281 posts
  • Portland

Posted 02 August 2006 - 11:36 PM

They get rusty inside - take the rubber cover off and start lubeing.

GD

#3 Prospeeder

Prospeeder

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 01:31 AM

well are they int he exact position they came out of , theres a pendlum inside and if its not at the perfect angle and position they thing your in a collision or somthign and lock up untill they return to the exact place.

#4 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

• Members
  • 20,281 posts
  • Portland

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:21 AM

They work at any angle - they lock from speed of pull - as I said they get rusty inside. I spent a couple hours ressurecting a set I got from another board member. Orginally they came with little leatherette "Booties" with strings on the bottom that you tied up to prevent water entrance when not in use. Of course everyone lost them..... But your jump seat set isn't complete without the booties :grin:

GD

#5 DaBrizat

DaBrizat

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Madison

Posted 03 August 2006 - 11:21 AM

They work at any angle - they lock from speed of pull - as I said they get rusty inside. I spent a couple hours ressurecting a set I got from another board member. Orginally they came with little leatherette "Booties" with strings on the bottom that you tied up to prevent water entrance when not in use. Of course everyone lost them..... But your jump seat set isn't complete without the booties :grin:

GD

I've occasionally seen them 'booties' fer sale on EBay, and it looks like somebody's remaking them, cuz they're in perfect shape. But I must admit that its been a while since I've seen 'em on there.

#6 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

• Members
  • 20,281 posts
  • Portland

Posted 04 August 2006 - 07:47 AM

McBrat makes them.

GD

#7 nathan_d

nathan_d

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 10:31 AM

So after a long night we finally got the seats and frame put in the bed :headbang: (will post pics soon) but i am still having some trouble w/ the belts
when u pull up on the metal lever in the back on one of them the belt will come out
on the other one the lever won't even come up
thanks
nathan

#8 nathan_d

nathan_d

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 10:34 AM

One last ? there are four little mounting brackets place all just placed a lil inside of where the head rests mount but they are a little different looking 2
does any1 no wat they are for?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users