Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I took the car for a drive and...

esh

so I finished lifting it but haven't got the tyres yet. I got 6 stud 14" rims that I drilled but I just noticed that the offset is too big. with a 195/75r14 I'm rubbing the rear of the wheel well when turning. and I was going to get 205/75r14. so it looks like I'm going to order from BYB 15" new rims. they have a much smaller offset.

anyway, I took the car for a ride on the beach and I got stuck. the radiator fan hit the electrical wires at the bottom of the radiator and riped them of. the fan also feels like it's a bit loose. I reconnected the wires and managed to get back home.

http://subaruesh.spaces.live.com/photos/

I actually do have a skid plate but I took it off for the lift. I need to modify it. anyway, it wouldn't help in this case. the fan was too close to the wires since the lifting.

You can use it by adding a spacer block in the front where it mounts to car. Use the same height block you used for the lift. See the spacer below (with Subaru emblem on it)

OZwgn_026.jpg

I had to disconnect the lower wiring harness (from the body attachments) and pull it down, mounting it with with some Adel clamps to the inside of the skid plate to keep it out of the fan.