Ultimate Subaru Message Board

NOS, on ea71?

ecky

So, does enybody have a Nitrous Oxcide System on there gen 1? I ask because I am kinda thinking about it. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Do you like the thought of replacing your engine numerous times? Do you like the thought of blowing it to little pieces? If so, go for it!

On an EA71, not a smart move. Maybe if it was fuel injected, it would be a bit better because you could tune it easier.

i don't think you will be able to find forged goods... it's not something you can just pull off the shelf with these cars...

if you want power, upgrade to a newer engine... if you really wanted NOS i think the easiest way to do it would be to upgrade to an ea81 and convert it to SPFI... then you could tune it (i don't quite know how you'd tune it) to run NOS...

if you want power there are other ways to go about getting it...

yea i agree an ej would be the best bet to make power the ea71 engines are not strong at all! You could get forged internals if you went to a machine shop bought the chunk of aluminium or whatnot and made them but one piston would cost more than the stinkin car is worth! If i were u i would get an EJ 25 or 22 and drop some CP pistons in there boost it up to around 6 PSI and then see how you like it(im talking from experience my bros rs lost compression on cyl 3 i think... he jumped it up to like 9psi... it was because he already has an sti block that we are currently modding! then forge all the rest of everything and pusher up to a cool 18 on 92 octane :lol: :lol: :lol::headbang: that babey would be soooooooo fast!!! :cool:

I am pretty sure you are the first person EVER to post this question on USMB.

Not worth the effort. The engine is strong enough for it in short bursts I suppose but the fuel system is far from ready for it. I think you need to sell the car and get something newer if thats your cup of tea.

Forged rebuild kit at www.ramengines.com and performance parts at http://www.ultraflight.dk/subaru_ea-81_performance_parts.html (lots of cool stuff on her from dual intakes with a carb a piece or dual intakes with fuel injection.)

yes, ram engines has some crazy stuff on there, HOWEVER, we are Subaru people, not airplane guys. Since airplane guys have a bit more money to throw around on these engines, its mainy aimed more toward them. Not saying that you couldn't get parts and whatnot for our engines, I'm just not up to spending $6,000 on a NA EA81 to put into my Brat. I'd rather get an STi front cut for the same price and have more horses:headbang:

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who is interested in those forged pistons from RAM, they are AWESOME.. I work for Rotordyne Areo, and right now we are rebuilding a prototype EA81 for us and we decided to go with these pistons. Also, I talked to Wyseco (manufacturer of these pistons) and found out to order them custom thru them would cost about $120 per piston anyway, so your only paying $20 extra to get them thru RAM engines.

The skirts on these pistons is A LOT shorter, as well as the wrist pin, so definately lighter.. They also give you more compression than OE.

-Mike

i don't think you will be able to find forged goods... it's not something you can just pull off the shelf with these cars...

if you want power, upgrade to a newer engine... if you really wanted NOS i think the easiest way to do it would be to upgrade to an ea81 and convert it to SPFI... then you could tune it (i don't quite know how you'd tune it) to run NOS...

if you want power there are other ways to go about getting it...

or u could just get an Ea81T block and have MPFI:banana: