Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Replacement Car Seat

Alexx

On my 86 XT GL, someone rear-ended me, and my driver's side seat went back, and now won't go all the way up properly.  I'm assuming something just got bent bad and needs bending back into shape because the seat goes back and forth - just not all the way upright.

Exactly what happened to me, my Subie was rear ended on December 2003, so hard that I had whiplash, and the seat's back support still needs to be re-bent forward a couple of inches...

I've been thinkin' the same... 

My plan is to remove the upholstery from the back support, and using the heat from an autogenous welder torch on both sides' metal rods, I will twist the seat further to the Forward... 

I plan to do that with the front seat in place, and I pushing it while sitting from the back seat... But I haven't had enough time to do that... yet.

Kind Regards.

• 1 year later...

Resurrection of old thread. The driver's seat in my '87 Leone Sedan 4WD needs replacing. Having a hard time finding one. Any suggestions for a source or a working alternate? Apologies if this is not the correct place to post this topic. Thanks in advance.

• 3 years later...
On 12/13/2006 at 12:34 PM, The Scooby said:

with my 86 GL i had the drivers seat was toast, so i was working at aaron's wrecking yard at the time so i picked up a set of impreza seats, used the GL brackets after unbolting them from the stock seat, the front 2 bolt wholes match up so i put a nut/bolt in there, then just redrilled the 2 rears and just tossed another set of nuts/bolts and bolted them back into the car.

they do sit higher then the stock seats, or was that from the stock seats having no foam left :rolleyes:

legacy seats cant be THAT different.

im thinking about putting a set of WRX front's in for my offroader

Seriously! Wrx seats in the 92 cherokee or the 91 loyal.