Ultimate Subaru Message Board

how hard would it be to???anyone tried??

well, i made a 2-door wagon, using hatch doors.

i had a sunroof from an ea81 on trashwagon 4, i had to cut a hole in the roof.

to do the t-top swao, its really important to know WHERE to make your cuts, and see what kind of supports it has behind it. i would recommend taking the headliners out of boththe car and the brat, and compare differences, you can use holes and such as a reference to make it fit.

if you took the time to drill out any spot welds, you can get it to fit as it would from the factory.

the difficult part would be the welding. sheetmetal welding can be tricky.

start off with tack welds about an inch apart. each time around, make your next tack right next to the last round's. dont let it get too hot, as it may distort the metal. make some practice welds on something else if you need to build your experience/skills for such a weld

A few years back, I brought up this idea because I cut the roof off of a parts BRAT and not one person wanted it. Well it turns out that Moosens had also cut a roof off and sold it to Chef Tim who had it fabricated into his hatch and it came out nice. Needless to say, I still have my BRAT roof already cut, it's sitting in my garage. It's still for sale. Meeky, If you want it email me at cmakar@hotmail.com Heck, Maybe I can send it back with Lostwater (Mark). He's from VA and is headed here to Philly area soon. Let me know ASAP so I can try to get ahold of him. Boz