Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Online subaru parts - Canuck friendly?

Hey gang,

My 99 is on it's way to lunching an alternator and all the local places have foolishly high prices on a replacement. 1stsubaruparts.com doesn't seem to ship outside the US and subarupartsforyou.com wants the price of the alternator for the insane UPS shipping.

Anyone got a good lead on a reliable online parts place that doesn't hate Canada as much as the others? :grin:

if it were me, i would bring the alternator to one of your local shops for a rebuild. i heve established a relationship with a local shop owner and he rebuilds starters and alternators, usually overnight, for me for about $60.

if you do order from thwe states, you should insist that they ship via the u. s postal service. if they use a courier, you can expect massive taxes, duties and brokerage fees and storage in their brokerage house that will delay delivery. for my orders from the states, i use liberty subaru in new jersey...

parts@libertysubaru.com

they have treated me right and are one of the few dealers that i have found that will ship via the post office. most insist on a courier service.

regards,

mark

Also a fine idea. I'll look into that as well but last year when the alternator crapped the bed in my 94 turbo I couldn't find a "local" place within a couple hours to do a rebuild. I'll look around again though before I order anything this time around.

You're right about shipping USPS, I've been ebaying for years so I know allll about UPS and FedEx and how they LOVE to screw Canadians pretty hard at the border.

if it were me, i would bring the alternator to one of your local shops for a rebuild. i heve established a relationship with a local shop owner and he rebuilds starters and alternators, usually overnight, for me for about $60.

if you do order from thwe states, you should insist that they ship via the u. s postal service. if they use a courier, you can expect massive taxes, duties and brokerage fees and storage in their brokerage house that will delay delivery. for my orders from the states, i use liberty subaru in new jersey...

parts@libertysubaru.com

they have treated me right and are one of the few dealers that i have found that will ship via the post office. most insist on a courier service.

regards,

mark

Moncton...................

How about "Rafuse Auto Parts", Kentville, or Bridgewater, from "BestBuy auto parts Canada" they can access "Beck Arnley".

If that doesn't pan out for you I have a wholesaler in Halifax I can put you in touch with.