Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hose from throttle body to heater return pipe?

Hi,

I'm working on a Vanagon engine swap and I think I've discarded a small hose that I should have kept. The engine is a 1997 EJ25, 2.5L DOHC. The hose I'm looking for runs from the throttle body to the heater return pipe on top of the engine block. The hose makes two 90-degree bends, which makes me think I'm going to have a lot of trouble finding a replacement unless I have the Subaru part number and can just get an OEM hose. Anyone know where I can find it?

Thanks,

Andrew Harrison

Use regular 5/16ths coolant hose, it will make the two 90' without kinking. I chopped mine off geting the manifold off,and I replaced mine with fuel line (it was what I had on hand). and no problems yet.

Make that 3/16ths

my sizes are getting fuzzy, I changed mine last week, I know it was a 16th, I just forget which one. It's obvious if you look at the size of the nipple it goes on.

Use regular 5/16ths coolant hose, it will make the two 90' without kinking. I chopped mine off geting the manifold off,and I replaced mine with fuel line (it was what I had on hand). and no problems yet.

Make that 3/16ths

my sizes are getting fuzzy, I changed mine last week, I know it was a 16th, I just forget which one. It's obvious if you look at the size of the nipple it goes on.

3/16ths is tiny , think axel pin punch. .....................it has to be 5/16ths.

Here's the pic; this is the throttle body to return pipe heater hose I ordered, although it does seem to look a little different from the engine pic Skip posted. The hose is fairly flexible and I can easily move it to the needed shape without kinking.

It appears to be 7.5mm hose based on the label, which would be right around 5/16"

throttleheaterhose1.jpg

Is this the hose you are talking about?

burper.jpg

Sure enough. It's the hose on the right side of the photo by the white ground wire connector. The hose in porcupine's photo looks like it would be likely to do the trick. I read about this hose's function as a measure for ice prevention in the throttle body, and I'm sure I would be needing it in Wisconsin. How does one find such a part number? It seems there's always someone on the forum who has it, but it never comes up in the search engines on parts websites. It seems that if you know the P/N, they have it in stock, but you cannot find it just by searching the site? Is there a good source somewhere to find odd little parts like this? Anyway, thanks for the info, and I'll order up the hose.