Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Replacing Dash lights in 93 leg

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 sparkster58

sparkster58

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,141 posts
  • Alki-West Seattle

Posted 09 February 2007 - 10:26 PM

The *H2 dash lights are burning out faster than Anna Nicole did.....:eek:
anybody out there now how to replace them in my wagon..?

Spark
*93' Leg wagon*

#2 Legacy777

Legacy777

• 12,566 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:37 PM

You have to pull the instrument cluster to replace them. Unfortunately, that's not really an easy task as the black trim around has to be removed, etc.

I had to lower the steering column to be able to slide that trim piece out.

#3 sparkster58

sparkster58

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,141 posts
  • Alki-West Seattle

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:13 PM

thanks .
i did some calling around and the cheapest quote to do it was $137. the high was $250....sheeesh:eek:

#4 BSOD2600

BSOD2600

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 13 February 2007 - 01:49 AM

Yea, it's a time intensive task but easy. I did it a few months ago when replacing the speedo cable in my 94 wagon.

#5 ericem

ericem

First Gen Legacy Master

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • CANADA Maple,ON

Posted 13 February 2007 - 04:37 PM

thanks .
i did some calling around and the cheapest quote to do it was $137. the high was $250....sheeesh:eek:

i got that bulb changed at subaru, i think they did all the bulbs, shifter etc for $100 and they did a great job, and could not even notice they touched anything.:)

#6 slunk33

slunk33

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Tacoma, WA

Posted 13 February 2007 - 06:36 PM

Does anyone know how to take the instrument cluster out? I could only find two screws, and they looked too low to be holding the cluster in. Sounds like I should just take it to Subaru. I wish we could fix more things ourselves, but the auto manufactures do this on purpose so we'll spend more to have them do it. I have a 2005 VW Passat and I couldn't replace the headlights myself or buy the windshield wipers at my local auto parts store.

Sorry for posting a new thread, I did a search for Dash removal and found nothing, didn't search for Dash Lights.

Sorry!

Brent

#7 ericem

ericem

First Gen Legacy Master

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • CANADA Maple,ON

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:23 PM

From what i remember there is a screw behidn the cruise button and defroster, and u need to remove the radio tray(screw inside the bottom box, its a screw in a tight difficult angle) then remove the 2 screws beside the cup holder, and the trim comes out? then there are a few more screws around the climate control, then u need to unplgu the vents, then remove the two screws above, but i chickened out, so never remvoed all those screws and just let subaru do it for me :)

#8 slunk33

slunk33

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Tacoma, WA

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:14 PM

Sounds too difficult. This is a daily driver, I don't know if I can have it out of commission for a couple of days. I thought it would be a couple of screws, but of course not... Blah, if gas wasn't so expensive I'd drive my 66 Mustang. Don't get me wrong, I love my Subaru, I just wish it was easier to repair myself.

#9 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:54 PM

The *H2 dash lights are burning out faster than Anna Nicole did.....:eek:
anybody out there now how to replace them in my wagon..?

Spark
*93' Leg wagon*

If you are rapidly burning out dash lights, I'd suspect your alternator is putting out too high voltage. Check the voltage with a known good digital volt meter; it shouldn't go above 14.5V at 3000 or 4000 rpm.

#10 sparkster58

sparkster58

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,141 posts
  • Alki-West Seattle

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:31 PM

i got that bulb changed at subaru, i think they did all the bulbs, shifter etc for $100 and they did a great job, and could not even notice they touched anything.:)

not bad...but iam not drivin up to the great white north to fix the H2 :lol:

#11 ericem

ericem

First Gen Legacy Master

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • CANADA Maple,ON

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:32 PM

not bad...but iam not drivin up to the great white north to fix the H2 :lol:

Its a great drive :grin:

#12 sparkster58

sparkster58

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,141 posts
  • Alki-West Seattle

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:34 PM

Its a great drive :grin:

Iam Waving that.........sawoooooooooooooooooooooosh i'll do my roadtrip down to arizona in july
spark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users