Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Replacing Dash lights in 93 leg

thanks .

i did some calling around and the cheapest quote to do it was $137. the high was $250....sheeesh:eek:

i got that bulb changed at subaru, i think they did all the bulbs, shifter etc for $100 and they did a great job, and could not even notice they touched anything.:)

Does anyone know how to take the instrument cluster out? I could only find two screws, and they looked too low to be holding the cluster in. Sounds like I should just take it to Subaru. I wish we could fix more things ourselves, but the auto manufactures do this on purpose so we'll spend more to have them do it. I have a 2005 VW Passat and I couldn't replace the headlights myself or buy the windshield wipers at my local auto parts store.

Sorry for posting a new thread, I did a search for Dash removal and found nothing, didn't search for Dash Lights.

Sorry!

Brent

From what i remember there is a screw behidn the cruise button and defroster, and u need to remove the radio tray(screw inside the bottom box, its a screw in a tight difficult angle) then remove the 2 screws beside the cup holder, and the trim comes out? then there are a few more screws around the climate control, then u need to unplgu the vents, then remove the two screws above, but i chickened out, so never remvoed all those screws and just let subaru do it for me :)

Sounds too difficult. This is a daily driver, I don't know if I can have it out of commission for a couple of days. I thought it would be a couple of screws, but of course not... Blah, if gas wasn't so expensive I'd drive my 66 Mustang. Don't get me wrong, I love my Subaru, I just wish it was easier to repair myself.

The *H2 dash lights are burning out faster than Anna Nicole did.....:eek:

anybody out there now how to replace them in my wagon..?

Spark

*93' Leg wagon*

If you are rapidly burning out dash lights, I'd suspect your alternator is putting out too high voltage. Check the voltage with a known good digital volt meter; it shouldn't go above 14.5V at 3000 or 4000 rpm.