Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How much is it worth...

A small car lot nearby has two brats.

One is a red 85 no jump seats but has headrests and seat frame. Small rust spots on the rear fenders but nothing life threatening. (I crawled completely under it and looked around) with iirc 144k. Factory non bumper(1st one I've seen in person btw)

Other is a dark blue 86 all bed chrome intact with the pop things for the tonnue cover option but no cover. 12xk on the clock. Dented up d/s door missing trim on whole d/s. About the same rust as the 85 and passed the climb under test as well

I talked to one of the employee's and they said NOT FOR SALE. But the owner of the lot told me $1400 on two seperate occasions for either one.

I hate that it comes to me considering another Brat, but while messing underneath mine for the ej22 swap I was not happy at all with what I found... We'll leave it at that because I am still very upset that my baby is probably not road worthy anymore...

So with research in my head and these two sitting down there smiling at me, I'm thinking of offering the lot owner $1000 for either one, and will have cash in hand monday when I get the rest of the money from selling a honda car.

All the ej work will be quickly transfered over when its completely ready to run.

Help me please. If he doesn't take it anybody semi local have a decent Brat they'd sell?

dont have a brat to sell you, but if he sells you one for $1000, let me know and see if he will sell the other for the same. i am still looking for one.

btw, how far ar you from central maryland? i see that you are in va, where abouts?

I'm in Tazewell. Never heard of it, probably not... Its about two hours or so away From Roanoke VA. Near the WV line. IIRC I'm about 5.5-6 hours from Fairfax

I'm in Tazewell. Never heard of it, probably not... Its about two hours or so away From Roanoke VA. Near the WV line. IIRC I'm about 5.5-6 hours from Fairfax

there is a chance i night have been there at least once in my travels. i was born an raised in va beach, then movied here to maryland when i was 14. i also have family all over the state of va. mainly in the southern bit of the mountains, mostly all off of the blue ridge parkway. but yeah, ive been all over the state.:clap:

there is a chance i night have been there at least once in my travels. i was born an raised in va beach, then movied here to maryland when i was 14. i also have family all over the state of va. mainly in the southern bit of the mountains, mostly all off of the blue ridge parkway. but yeah, ive been all over the state.:clap:

I'm right in this area also, so I will keep an eye out and see if anything shows up.