Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Moving help Wanted from Milford to B'port CT first 2 weekends of May

We'll rent a truck,make things happen in just a couple trips.

Rain or shine.Truck can be backed straight up to the new spot,but only perpendicular to the old spot.I'll create coverage if needed with some plastic.

Just like when I closed the workshop up I'll again be giving some parts away.Especially EA82 related items.

And as usual,I'll take you to the diner too.;) Or buy a killer meal from the BBQ place down the street-which RULES!!

Looking at the calender I see May begins during the week.I might get a good jump on this move before the weekend.Maybe rent the truck for a week.

Really hoping to be done before Carlisle-which is the third weekend of May.:headbang:

I doubt we will be able to help this time...weekends are all I have to work on my cars..and I really need to get a ton of work done on both....specially with my wagon......before the XT6 gets me a speeding ticket or blows a head gasket ( he is having alittle hot issue right now)

Connie,no sweat,you've been punished enough already.:lol:

Neo,cool,I appreciate any help at all.I'll make it easy on you.Can use dolleys and handtruck.Let more wheels do work than our backs.;):clap: Hopefully I can (make that damn well better!) get a box truck with the hydraulic lift,or ramp.:headbang:

Not sure about PB,since I am going to help the guy who owns the place put up a wall so his cretin landscrapers don't rip off my stuff.

I shouldn't rule it out,but I shouldn't pencil it in just yet either.

Still playing catch-up financially.Really need to keep the petro. funds tight by keeping local if possible.And need to use my time to make the deal with MAV happen.('79 wagon from him-'67 Puch to him)He needs things done by the end of April....yikes!

Thankfully I can now go all week on a 1/4 tank of gas.Soon my wife should be right about the same.:headbang:

So,let me see just how nice 'n fluffy these paychecks are when they hit.Won't get my first check from the current job untill next week.The guy I worked for in March is slow with his checks.....etc.etc...

If you know anybody who plays guitar/bass or likes vintage Ducati motorcycles show them my post in the Non-Subaru Classifieds.I could really use a quick infusion of funding and to get rid of an item I won't be needing in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry buddy, the first two weeks of May are already all tied up for me...

No sweat,you've sufferd enough in the past,and it's a long way,and I'm pretty sure money is tight all around.With the price of gas a trip like that would make me feel way too guilty.:-\ Thanks for the reply.;)

Here's the scenario.

I rent a truck with liftgate for the first week of May,maybe after May 1st,since everybody and their mother needs to rent a truck the first of the month.Spend the WEEKdays loading up and getting things over as I can up intill around 2PM each day......***Unless I've changed shifts at work by then***.

Otherwise,count on the first and second Saturdays/Sundays in May.

Third weekend is Carlsile.:banana::clap:

^^^^^^^^^If I am on third shift come May I'll be doing the same deal but at different hours,most likely doing the moving from 5-10PM.Not 100% sure of that yet.

In either situation during the weekdays I'll just load and unload as best as I can.I'm sure there's going to be some days that I just can't complete a run.So that's why I'll have it for a whole week.

3rd shift thing is going to take some adjusting.I might find myself sleeping later in the afternoon untill 11PM....we'll see.If that happens then having someone help me during the days would be great.I'll be ready to move at 7:30AM during the weekdays if that's the case.

Really hoping I can make a big push and get the whole move done in the first week of May,but will take it as is comes.So if you are not working weekdays then please try to come up and help and I'll make it really easy on you.;)

Thanks for the thoughts guys.Best thing to do is contact me later in the week,or Saturday.

I should be helping the guy who owns the new space put up a wall on Saturday....but I'm going to see if he can get his guys to do it before then.Made the mistake of volunteering to help and apparently he thinks he has to wait untill I get there to get working on it.Bogus!Not my property,and its only enhancing his place and making it more marketable when I leave,which we hope is this year sometime.

Look for an update on the progress later in the week.:cool:

Connie,I just couldn't answer the phone,sorry.Talk to you soon.

Saturday-good weather.

Haven't rented a truck yet.Might see tomorrow or wait while I take loads in the Legacy with the fugly roof pod.Kind of need to build a rack/shelving to kick it all off.then as I move,take down the existing shelving/racks at the old storage and move them over.....might rent a Home Cheapo truck...might do a lot of things,including blow it all off and run up to NH...but I'm hoping Andrew can help out from that standpoint.:-\

One thing for sure,I'll be up at the Milford location Saturday AM early to meet a guy coming down from VT for a roll bar.If you want to come by,I'll be there.I doubt I'll check the Board in the AM.The place is mentioned already-U-Store It on Rowe ave, in Milford,CT off exit 35 of I-95

This weekend and next could be the last shot,and SHOULD BE for anyone to get free parts or a super deal on EA71,81,82,82T parts.

I tossed a heap of things last time.Gave away 5+++ whole EA81's Still more around,so don't cry to me when it's all gone.:burnout:

Wow,I've got most of the smaller storage unit done already with just my Legacy wagon and my testicles.:banana:

You guys are missing out on parts and a free lunch.:cool: :-p

Digital camera....eBay account....and away we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

Got the smaller storage unit emptied today.:headbang:

Should be renting a truck on Saturday and making one good push.But I'm not too anxious to do that since I might just relax on it and take the rest of the month to get completely moved over.

So maybe the weekend after Carlisle will be the big push.

Help would be great.If not,I understand.

Yes,I know that this Sunday is Mother's Day.;) So that's another reason not to go crazy this weekend.

Like I said,so far my '92 Legacy (2wd 5spd):headbang: with the old Sears "exCargo" white trash/redneck pod on top has done wonders! We got that pod for free like 7-8? years ago and it's rednecked along many-a-mile!

OK guys,I'm not going to make myself (more) nuts over this so this Saturday is going to be a mild push,but I'm not balls out to try to make the whole deal completed.

Still,if you have half a desire to help and/or at least come by to see what's there THIS SATURDAY IS THE DAY TO DO IT!!!!!!!

During the coming week I'll be back to taking things over in the Legacy and you'll miss out of viewing things.

Cheers

hey paul ill still be free most if not all of the afternoon tomorrow as far as i kno. Give me a ring if you need me :).

Thanks!

I'll see where things are at.I know we are going to the Bridgeport Bluefish game at 4PM or so.The game starts later but my son is taking part in some Little League thing where the kids march on the field,etc.etc...and fireworks after the game.I might go later,like at 5-6 just to meet up with the family and see the game.

So,if you can't make it down before 3PM it might not be worth your time.

If you have time during the week I'll be around in the late afternoon/evening hours.Then next week is Carlisle.:headbang: Looking like I'm going down solo on Friday,so let me know if you want to caravan down.Support vehicles are good to have when we drive these old cars.

As for the move,I'm taking my time and will use the following weekend May 26th/27th to wrap it up in Milford if it comes to that.

hmmm by the time i would get out there it would probably be around 2ish or closer to 3. It might not be worth it for me to come today after all. But this week im only working on thursday. I have to go into work really quick to fill out some paperwork on tuesday as well(new summer job). So either monday or wednesday all day ill be around. If you need a hand just give me a ring. Take care Paul.