Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Subaru leone ea82 87' wagon Stop lamp dash indicator help plzzzz!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Levysoobie

Levysoobie

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Cluj/Romania

Posted 23 June 2007 - 05:55 PM

my STOP LAMP indicator on my dash is running non stop when i put the ignition on it lights on and when i start the engine it still lights ,,,what does that indicate and what can i do to solve the problem ..help me pleasssseeeee

#2 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,921 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 23 June 2007 - 06:50 PM

Put more brake fluid in your master cylinder.

-Brian

#3 pheonix165

pheonix165

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • victoria bc (canada)

Posted 24 June 2007 - 12:45 AM

something worth pointing out is that if it is just your reservoir warning light...it may stick in the low position so you may have to manually lift it.

#4 amk

amk

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Nairobi

Posted 24 June 2007 - 02:11 PM

something worth pointing out is that if it is just your reservoir warning light...it may stick in the low position so you may have to manually lift it.

Yes and its worth checking the cables to, i had that prob, did the brake bleeding end of prob. (I think the prob is wit the drum brakes the linings)

#5 Ross

Ross

Can't be bothered

• Members
  • 1,865 posts
  • Christchurch, New Zealand

Posted 26 June 2007 - 03:15 AM

He/She said STOP LAMP indicator. not Brake Fluid. The stop lamp indicator lights when there is an imbalance in the rear brake light circuit, normally when a bulb is blown, but even then it should only light with the brake pedal depressed. There is a little device near one of the rear light modules (not sure which one on your model) that sends a voltage to the warning light if an imbalance is present, check that its plugged in properly. Poor wiring up of trailer and/or high stop lights can cause problems with these.

#6 mm88swrt

mm88swrt

oddball

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • clatskanie, OR

Posted 26 June 2007 - 03:32 AM

could also be from two different style bulbs. as in diff. part number. i had that problem. or the inner bulb housing in the rear spread too far apart. in that case it can be fixed with a pair of needle nose pliars

#7 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,516 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 26 June 2007 - 11:47 AM

Somethng else to check, that can cause all kinds of weird problems. Did someone put a single pole bulb into the brake light socket? That will bridge the brake and running light circuit. You're dashlights and marker lights may come on when you hit the brakes, and also this would definately casue an imbalance. If you';re like me you leave you're headlights on all the time so the circuit is energized as soon as you turn the key. Just something to check.

I got a Nissan Altima for 500 bucks cause the guy didn't want to "dig into the wiring to track down electrical issues" He thought it was a short/ crossed wire. it was a $.99 cent bulb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users