Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

98 Impreza Wagon Info

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 I)arkZrobe

I)arkZrobe

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Colorado Springs

Posted 30 June 2007 - 03:48 PM

I am purchasing a 98 Impreza and I was wondering if there are any quarks with that year and style of wagon wagon or anything I need to keep a eye on?

Info
1998 Wagon Style
2.2 L 4 Cyl
AWD
Standard
(And if you need any other info just ask)

Thanks in advance

#2 I)arkZrobe

I)arkZrobe

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Colorado Springs

Posted 30 June 2007 - 10:03 PM

Is it safe to assume that there are not many of these on the road or something? I know I only have seen one in colorado springs and that was my aunts...

#3 I)arkZrobe

I)arkZrobe

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Colorado Springs

Posted 30 June 2007 - 10:17 PM

http://www.sidc.co.uk/faq.htm
^Wow that seems to have all the info I will ever need

However I am still curious if anyone on the board has a 98 Impreza Wagon

#4 porcupine73

porcupine73

Obligate carnivore

• Members
  • 4,920 posts
  • Buffalo, NY

Posted 30 June 2007 - 10:32 PM

Hi! I was a little thrown off because your first post says 1988. A '98 Impreza wagon is not an uncommon Subaru AFIAK. Main things to check would be torque bind and that all tires match to 1/4" circumference. Also this year liked to crack the knock sensor. Other than that just keep up your regular maintenance.

#5 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 19,643 posts
  • WV

Posted 01 July 2007 - 06:31 AM

i have one, they are not rare. i'll second his motion to check tires and for torque bind and then all the basic car stuff. they are an excellent vehicle.

#6 I)arkZrobe

I)arkZrobe

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Colorado Springs

Posted 01 July 2007 - 08:44 AM

Sorry about the 1988 thing its fixed, Im so used to talking about the old GLs that it slipped

#7 xrturbo

xrturbo

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • allentown

Posted 01 July 2007 - 01:58 PM

I actually had one with around 250,xxx miles. It was a 5spd. It got both a motor and trans around the same time but when I sold it it actually was purchased by someone in Colarado Springs. He flew out and then drove it back home. There are no real common issues with them, typical good running EJ.

#8 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:26 AM

Another thought to remember is to be punctual with replacing the timing belt. The '98 engine is an interference engine and having a belt break will likely be very expensive. If you're not sure when it was last done, do it as soon as you can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users