Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

anybody ever put a wagon rear door on a hatch?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Spiffy

Spiffy

this road's wide enough

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • Portland, OR

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:04 PM

one of the really great things about a wagon is that the cargo access is ground level... I always considered that a limitation of the hatch, that you didn't have the full height of the cargo area to load things...

so I was thinking it would be really handy to have a hatch with a wagon style rear to allow full access from top to bottom of the cargo area...

has anybody ever cut the back off a wagon and mated it to the back of a hatch?

seems somebody would be bored enough and have a wagon smashed up in the front and a hatch smashed in the rear that they could put together for one straight subie... I'd love to see it...

--Spiffy

#2 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,685 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 12 July 2007 - 08:42 PM

it wont fit. the top of the hatch door will be too narropw for a wagon. its been a while but its an ill fit. i tried to put a hatch on a wagon and it didnt line up for squat

#3 Spiffy

Spiffy

this road's wide enough

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • Portland, OR

Posted 13 July 2007 - 01:40 AM

it wont fit. the top of the hatch door will be too narropw for a wagon. its been a while but its an ill fit. i tried to put a hatch on a wagon and it didnt line up for squat

drat!

I guess I never really examined the profile to see what the roof was angled like... I'll have to dig up some pics of straight on shots of the rear of wagons and hatches...

--Spiffy

#4 msteel

msteel

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Greenville, SC

Posted 13 July 2007 - 09:39 AM

Well, you could do this to a wagon:

Posted Image

But is does look like there are drawbacks to it :)

#5 mtsmiths

mtsmiths

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,645 posts
  • Kailua-Kona, Hawaii

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:18 AM

Well, could you splice a wagon greenhouse/tailgate onto a hatch from the 'B' pillar back?

Mind you that comment is made with no knowledge of the actual measurements.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users