Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Tahuya Aug 8, pics included

Rooinater

well a last minute run. installed all the steering components. and headed out. need to tweak my alignment a little. but hell, it drives like a dream otherwise! compared to how it was driving. tahuya is 25 minutes away. so we just hit a small trail run of the steering... i think i need a new pwr steering pump is in need also... doesn't have much power in a bind anymore. could be from running dry for so long... no longer an eco disaster, so i feel comfortable bringing it on the trail. knowing it doesn't leak.

rob you want to sell that pwr steering pump? pwr steering doesn't leak no more though!! thanks!

well batt in camera went dead early on, so not a lot of pics.

100_0372.jpg

100_0380.jpg

100_0381.jpg

100_0382.jpg

100_0383.jpg

100_0384.jpg

100_0392.jpg

and what is a trip without a broken stub axle... it always breaks when i'm not really doing anything... luckily towards teh end of the day...

100_0397.jpg

cv joint. i have a lifetime warranty, and am replacing it. boot was torn, mud trashed it and broke, before i hit the trail. i don't have time with starting school to keep chasing problems. and that ea82 shock needs replaced and some whir sound. ujoints or tranny?? it's coming with another tranny and ujoints are like 10 to 15 bucks a piece for that car. also tore open a sidewall... so now tires need to be replaced. i need to be dumping money into the truck, not into the soob right now. if any vehicle at all... last straw, 8 years with this rig, time for a fresh problem child.