Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Thinking seriously...very seriously of trading in my wife's Kia and my Mazda for a newer Subaru...in fact within the next couple of hours. Which one is the best do you think? I already own a '81 GL 4WD Wagon...and love it...so...let me know what you all think...thank you.

Originally posted by xenongod

Thinking seriously...very seriously of trading in my wife's Kia and my Mazda for a newer Subaru...in fact within the next couple of hours. Which one is the best do you think? I already own a '81 GL 4WD Wagon...and love it...so...let me know what you all think...thank you.

What kind of Kia and what kind of Mazda? Also, how new are you looking. Based on the 81 wagon I'd say if you can find a low mileage early 90's AWD Legacy they are awesome. Very reliable and go well in the snow. With out knowing lots of details it gets hard to say. If I find something that seems like an awesome deal my rule is don't do anything today unless you really have to. If you wake up tomorrow morning and still really think it's a good idea then go for it.

Keith

Originally posted by RallyKeith

What kind of Kia and what kind of Mazda? Also, how new are you looking. Based on the 81 wagon I'd say if you can find a low mileage early 90's AWD Legacy they are awesome. Very reliable and go well in the snow. With out knowing lots of details it gets hard to say. If I find something that seems like an awesome deal my rule is don't do anything today unless you really have to. If you wake up tomorrow morning and still really think it's a good idea then go for it.

Keith

The 2003 Kia is not paid for...the '92 Mazda Protege took a crap this morning...with only 46K on it...running on 3 cylinders. Was considering a Subaru in the 2000 and up series...Forrester...Outback...etc...with large cargo space. Trying to keep the budget below 20K bucks. I looked through the newer generation of Subarus and found that there have beens some issues with recalls. What is the bang for the buck?

There's no difference in the volume between an Outback or a Legacy, it's mostly plastic cladding, heavier suspension and interior upgrades tht seperate you from 30% more $$$ for the same car.

Where you? Subeman has a KILLER deal (less than 1/2 your budget) for a '00 Forester that sounds really nice near Baltimore/Pittsburg. Look in the basement of the marketplace for his ad, and tell him mtsmiths said it's OK to sell it, I still haven't heard about my transfer to the area.

Here's the link to Subem,an's Forester, if I was anywhere on the east coast this would be gone awreddy.

http://usmb.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?threadid=8161

Well...first stopped by a Ford dealership offering 8K off on 2003 Explorers because the new highway is taking over. Found out we are 7K upside down on the Kia which kind of evens it out. Doing the waiting game for the banks to make up their mind...suck. We stopped by Saturn...no go there with trading in the Kia because we still owe on it. Been doing some research and have found that the 2.5L has had some issues...and don't quite know what to do if we do decide to go for another newer Subaru. Considering trying to find a vintage like mine or somthing now...my 1.8L is a monster of a engine...it can even tow more than it's own gross weight..hehe. What models have the 2.2?...I have found that they have a lot less issues. The story goes on and on...I hate car shopping. Popped a new spark plug in the bad cylinder and it runs a little more smoothly...but I am almost positive that it's time to trade it. Anyone wanna buy a Mazda?...hehe...you never know...it's only got 46K on it...it could be just a fuel injector...just odd that it happened so quickly....hrmmm...but I used to be a mechanic for 13 years...and the old spark plug was black as could be after 30 miles...so...if anyone else has any experience with a '92 1.8 DOHC Mazda engine..and has had a similar experience...let me know...Thanks.