Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello all is it normal for a 1995 2.2L Impreza sport wagon to sit a little lower in the rear with no weight in the trunk? I guess I should be a little more specific on how low it actually sits. It sits about one inch lower in the rear. Also, I just replaced all the struts with KYB GR2s, and I installed a set of heavy duty standard height Dobinson coils. When I purchased the coils from Whiteline, they said that Dobinson didn't specify wagon or sedan. I emailed Dobinson, and they said they would work, and the rest is history. There is always a body lift.. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

my 95 impreza coupe sat the same way, the lowering springs i got from whiteline corrected that, that waas my main reason for getting the springs, i believe that the impreza suspension is acctually set up like that, i have a 98 outback sport that sat the same way before i added the same whiteline springs and it sat level again, just my experience, i may be delusional though

I called one of the local Subaru dealers in my city, and they said that it's normal for the Impreza to sit a little lower in the rear. The car is setup like that from the factory. As long as it's not 4 or more inches lower. Since it was so much fun switching out these struts, LOL, I think I'll hold off on changing the springs to level the car. I'll have to say one thing about this new suspension, the car handles a lot better. When I'm ready to take this huge job on again, I'll look into the Whiteline springs option.

Thanks for all your help.