Ultimate Subaru Message Board

XT Turbo scoop swap?

Guest SOOBME

Guest SOOBME

I found an XT Turbo @ the P-A-P yesterday, it had the vent style air inlet on the hood with the duct on the under side to blow on the turbo. Any one ever tried to put that whole rump roast. on an EA82 wagon hood? If so how hard is it to do?

Guest jon61484

I don't think the XT hood and EA82 hood are the same dimensions. although, if they were, that would be cool.

and do EA82 hoods fit to an EA81 body?

Guest SOOBME

The XT IS an EA82, as is the wagon I want to put the hood vent on to. And I just want to put the vent/duct on MY hood, not the whole XT hood on my car.8o

Guest Snowman

Anything is possible. It might just take some fabrication to do it right. I haven't looked really closely at it, but it looks like the scoop would fit really nicely in the raised center area of a wagon hood without any work other than cutting a hole and mounting the scoop. It would look SWEET too!

Guest Adam N.D.J.

Seen it done a few times. The scoop is basically the same as the legacy turbo's. If I remember correctly the underside comes off separatly, so you can use the scoop for an IC setup, or you can put it in there to direct air onto the turbo. It's not too hard, jes cut a hole, do a little drilling, and it should jes bolt in. Catch ya Laters.

• 3 years later...

Well, I want to put a Hood Scoop on my Wagons, if I can I will Start with the White one, the one that got the Weber Carb, ´cos I think that scoop not only Will give a Better Lookin´ Image, I think it can give Fresher Air to the Weber, and could make its Scream Louder Outside :headbang:

But the Question is: How a open Scoop that pass Fresh air, can leave Water from the Rain Outside the Engine? ... Maybe it is Imposible, so Maybe I Should put the Scoop Just for the Look, and dont open any Hole to the Hood... :mad: ...Well I don´t Know.

So, did Anyone Tried this? Could you Post here some Pics of your Setups?

Thanx!

- JesZeK