Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Fuel Pump and Relay location ea82

Sorry hate to be my first post but I'm sitting at a coffee shop and my subie doesn't start, I have my multimeter with me but I'm without a manual and am trying to locate the fuel pump, as well as the fuel pump relay so that I can test to see if the reason it won't start (90 loyale ea82) seems fuel related. I have 12.8 volts on the battery and the cracking voltage is 11.3v.

Daniel

Is this car fuel injected, or carb?

If it has a carb, this advice won't work.

If has fuel injection, connect the green diagnostic plugs.

If its SPFI/TBI, the two plugs are near the d/s strut tower at the firewall.

If its MPFI, the two plugs are under the dash. Pull the kick panel off and find them.

They're two disconnected green plugs with one wire each. Connect them together, and turn the key to ON. You should hear the pump cycle on and off. If not, then there is definitely something wrong with the wiring to the pump or possibly the ECU.

The distributor turns. I swear I can't get a voltage off the fuel pump. The fuse is good. Is there another pump in the tank? What else should I be looking for.

Daniel

Only has the single pump. All the relays are literally behind the instrument panel. The ECU completes the circuit (makes the ground). Guess you could always run a hot wire to the pump. If still a no-go, run the other wire to ground. Checking for trouble codes is an excellent idea.

I connected the greens together ( I have a TBI) and couldnt hear the pump running> i have to just tow it in to where im at close to home and hope for the best> i will let you all know what comes out but it sounds like the ecu> does a ecu from a ninety_two loyale work as well>>>>sorry for spelling that but my computer is acting up at the moment> thanks for the help>