Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Heater vacuum diagram anyone?

My 87 gl wagons heater is stuck on panel no matter which setting I put it on. I do notice that I cant hear the vacuum sound I usually hear when switching from one setting to another so I am going to try tracking the vacuum lines.

An interesting side note. The heat that is coming out of the panel is hotter than it has ever been in this car.

My 87 gl wagons heater is stuck on panel no matter which setting I put it on. I do notice that I cant hear the vacuum sound I usually hear when switching from one setting to another so I am going to try tracking the vacuum lines.

An interesting side note. The heat that is coming out of the panel is hotter than it has ever been in this car.

Good heat in an older Subaru is a good thing.

Is it possible some rodent has blocked up a passage at one point? Or something has gotten loose?

I do notice that I cant hear the vacuum sound I usually hear when switching from one setting to another so I am going to try tracking the vacuum lines.

This being the case..vacuum is present.

Might want to check the check valve in the vacuum

storage container on the shelf behind the pass strut tower.

(white plastic cylinder)

If all is good...

My bet is a cable acutator is loose.

Sounds like it's stuck in re-circulate mode also.