Ultimate Subaru Message Board

oring for rear cam cap, passenger side head

Is there a trick to getting this cap off? I removed the bolts and the cap won't come off. About all I can do so far is get it to rotate by tapping on it with a long extension. Don't want to break anything so I bolted it back up and decided to ask here before continuing.

Thanks,

Tim

96 legacy 2.2

wow....i just got done doing this not 4 days ago on my 96 Legacy....yeah the o ring seals a little tough......i took a screw driver and stuck it behind the cap and gave it a few taps with a hammer and it started coming out.....be careful not to nick anything though......:)

Thanks for the replies and pics. I can go at it now without worrying about breaking something. Even though I walked into the dealer with the correct part number below it turns out the guy gave me an oring with close to the same part number but ends in '6020'. I wondering if it will even fit. Same parts counter guy that gave me the wrong bulbs for the hvac unit during the same visit.