Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

oring for rear cam cap, passenger side head

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 timstiles

timstiles

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • San Jose

Posted 11 April 2008 - 12:43 AM

Is there a trick to getting this cap off? I removed the bolts and the cap won't come off. About all I can do so far is get it to rotate by tapping on it with a long extension. Don't want to break anything so I bolted it back up and decided to ask here before continuing.

Thanks,

Tim
96 legacy 2.2

#2 EVOthis

EVOthis

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,392 posts
  • Kennett Square PA

Posted 11 April 2008 - 04:36 AM

wow....i just got done doing this not 4 days ago on my 96 Legacy....yeah the o ring seals a little tough......i took a screw driver and stuck it behind the cap and gave it a few taps with a hammer and it started coming out.....be careful not to nick anything though......:)

#3 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 19,835 posts
  • WV

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:06 AM

just keeping tapping alternate sides like you said you did...basically turning it back and forth. should loosen up so you can do that turning by hand and then simultaneously pull out, and it will come. go easy, it's all aluminum back there.

#4 porcupine73

porcupine73

Obligate carnivore

• Members
  • 4,920 posts
  • Buffalo, NY

Posted 11 April 2008 - 11:29 AM

I just kept twisting and wiggling it by hand it came out. If you pry, do it only a little evenly on each side at a time. It fits in there fairly snugly.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 timstiles

timstiles

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • San Jose

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:51 AM

Thanks for the replies and pics. I can go at it now without worrying about breaking something. Even though I walked into the dealer with the correct part number below it turns out the guy gave me an oring with close to the same part number but ends in '6020'. I wondering if it will even fit. Same parts counter guy that gave me the wrong bulbs for the hvac unit during the same visit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users