Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Nevada County

RdNkBrt

I lived in Grass Valley for 20 years. Only wheeling I did was in Greenhorn Valley, and a little cluster of logging roads out Quaker Hill Rd. Back then I was not really into wheeling, but if you know of some good trails I'm sooo up for wheeling in my home town.

Jeremy

I've heard of some forest service roads that go from Hwy 50 to Hwy 88, other than that everything I know of is in Amador County up Hwy 88.

Subieman-

You know anything about Burnside? I was up there last week and it was closed. I'm hoping to find out when/ if it will open to do some riding and wheelin.

There is SOME good stuff in NEvada County... Mainly up by Grass Valley/ Nevada City that I know of... however, there's some Realy fun stuff up by Chico/Paradise and Even better stuff by LaPorte/ Quincy... all of which is not very far from the "Sac" area...

Also, The Quincy/ La Porte stuff is pretty close to you Reno guys/gals as well... there's some pretty neat old roads that will bring you down into that area....:banana: HAYYAR FOR SCENIC DRIVES!!! I'm SOOOOOOO over interstate/free way driving!!!!:banana:

• 5 weeks later...

I just moved from there.

Go to Greenhorn. I know there have been a lot of issues with illegal offroading and trash there but 4wd clubs have also been doing cleanup runs. It is BLM land so you should be fine. Hansen Bros. also does some excavating there so stay clear of the big machinery. It is accessable from Greenhorn Road and You Bet Road. Just drive all the way to the end and you get there! Look it up on the county maps (chamber of commerce) and/or Google Maps or Google Earth!

-Kevin