Ultimate Subaru Message Board

90 legacy, the car has always ran great. it failed inspection and has sat until i had a chance to do some body work it. i tried to start it and it didn't even try. i cranked it some more and it fired for a second and died. this went on until the battery died and i didn't have time to charge the battery back up. what could have happened.

Bad Gas, gas goes south when it sits, you also get water in the gas. How long did it sit?

Lifters drain oil if they sit for a long time!

Could have a valve that is stuck open from sitting!

Low battery does funny things to the starting systems!

Mice chew through wires when the nest.

Charge it, try some starter fluid in the intake.

i forgot to say it's only been about 2 weeks. normally it is my daily driver and always ran great. i just can't figure out why after setting that short period of time it won't start. i'm gonna charge the battery when i get a chance and try it again.

what ive found that after a car sits for a bit, make sure that battery is good and charged up full. If its sitting at an angle and doesnt have alot of gas in it you might need to put a couple gallons in. I turn the key into the on position then off then on then off. Get that system nice and primed up with gas. If it still fails to start after that, then you check your fuel, and spark. See if you can get it to start with starting fluid.

what ive found that after a car sits for a bit, make sure that battery is good and charged up full. If its sitting at an angle and doesnt have alot of gas in it you might need to put a couple gallons in. I turn the key into the on position then off then on then off. Get that system nice and primed up with gas. If it still fails to start after that, then you check your fuel, and spark. See if you can get it to start with starting fluid.

i'll have to try turning the key on and off