Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Shift Linkage Mods ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mugs

Mugs

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 544 posts
  • Spokane & Hobart, Wa.

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:29 PM

Ok so I checked the FAQ before posting here and came up with nothing. So here goes. Monstaru came over and helped me (he did most of it) install my 6in lift on my 85 Gl :burnout:. So now comes the work of figureing out how to get the steering reconnected and the shift linkage and d/r selector back up into the drivers compartment so I can dirve this thing. I think I have the steering figured out, but what do you guys do about the shift linkage, shifter stabalizer, and d/r selector? :banghead: Any and all helps especially with pics would be great.

Sorry no pics yet, I am haveing trouble transfering the pic from my camera to my pc, but when I get soem I will post them.

A special thanks to Monstaru, who showed me that it is possoble to work on my car without a hoist, air tools, and on my back. :banana:

#2 bheinen74

bheinen74

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • central Iowa

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:54 AM

good luck. when i lifted my Brat 4" i had to eventually cut the shift rod in half (my first atempt was just to heat bend the shift lever rod that resulted in a very weak and evenutally broken lever), and weld it back with a side offset and different angle, so as to clear the 4wd linkage, and so i could hit 2nd 4th and reverse. reverse was the most difficult to figure out, then i had to make sure the shift nob wouldn't bump the radio on off switch when in first gear. I think we welded the lever so it was just to the left of where it was originially that way i could throw it in reverse and the bottome portion missed the 4wd linkage. Also had to pull out the 4wd linkage rod, and welded a angle bracket around 3" with a tilt to it and then drilled a hole for the attachment bolt to tranny on.

#3 SoobieDoo

SoobieDoo

GL's...the luxury wheeler

• Members
  • 838 posts
  • ZigZag

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:13 AM

Depends on the difference between the body lift and chassis drop. For me it was only one inch, so I did this simple mod. Post #70:
http://www.ultimates...ad.php?t=100559

#4 bheinen74

bheinen74

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • central Iowa

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:44 AM

Depends on the difference between the body lift and chassis drop. For me it was only one inch, so I did this simple mod. Post #70:
http://www.ultimates...ad.php?t=100559

:dead: that post has nothing to do with shift linkages.

#5 monstaru

monstaru

wow, relevance....

• Members
  • 4,411 posts
  • OlyWa

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:00 PM

don't worry mugsy.........it is not as ominous as you are making it feel to yourself.

i thought you could find something on here , but obviously people want to make it harder than it is.

it will just take time ya'know.we'll take care of it.cheers, brian

#6 SoobieDoo

SoobieDoo

GL's...the luxury wheeler

• Members
  • 838 posts
  • ZigZag

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:40 PM

:dead: that post has nothing to do with shift linkages.

:dead: is right...sorry 'bout that, but an excellent mod nonetheless!
Still post #70: http://www.ultimates...?t=95517&page=7 :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users